Sponsored

Carry a firearm while out in the woods? New to the Colorado area....

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
An internet forum is NOT the place to get the information you're seeking. As jsalbre suggested, research.
Each state is different, in several states each county and then city/town/burg can be different.
You can possess a firearm in National Parks, IF you meet the criteria for the state you're in.

State parks you may or may not be able to possess. City/county parks are another ball game and you have to check there.

Politics and opinions thrown completely out, YOU need to educate yourself top to bottom for YOUR State and remember it's probably NOT a blanket law for the entire State and you need to get down to the county/town level to be completely sure.

You state you are new to Denver, if you're also new to Colorado you may have to establish residency for a set period of time before you can apply for any permits.

Good luck and do your research.
Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
If wildlife is what you’re considering, bear mace has been shown to be more effective. People aren’t as good at shooting as they think, who would’ve guessed.

Cromation

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner, 2011 F-150
Occupation
Cyber
As someone that moved from a more conservative state with a very high crime rate in the areas I was in, I can assure you there is very little to be worried about going camping. I bring firearms when I go out for target shooting and messing around. Seriously this is an extremely safe state. If you are worried about animals bear mace is a much better solution, ive also read air horns can be affective. Make sure you are bear aware and keep your food picked up as someone else mentioned and definitely not stored within a tent.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Carry as a free America allows. Don’t mess with wildlife. Maybe have some bear spray onboard as well.