First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Getting ready to pull the trigger and keep coming across threads where people said they had to change their front drive shafts and use spacers on the back. Clayton doesn't say anything about that. What thoughts on the Currie Currect-Lync vs the steersmarts systems with this lift?
Sponsored

JJ77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm also curious

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
3.5 it’s recommended by Clayton
2.5 not so much
At that price point you might as well go for the 2.5 ton Apex or RPM aluminum steering

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I have the 3.5 lift your asking about and i did not modify the driveshafts at all. It was never brought up by Clayton when ordering the lift.

I also have the steering from Currie, and I'll bring up a couple things that happened: 1. The left toe kept slipping out after install, it took three alignments before it held. 2. Drag link knocked out of alignment after first offroad session, realigned and retorqued, no issues since. Overall, since install there has been a pull to the left. It got better with every alignment we did, and one tire rotation helped a lot as well. I believe the steering is functioning as it should, and the above is explained just by needing to fine tune the adjustments over the settling time.

Reactions: Oak

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
You got me curious about this, so I dug in for some research and clearer answers:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/replace-drive-shaft-with-clayton-lift-kit.37956/

This thread should give some answers for you. Looks like Clayton doesnt mention it because it has to do with the amount of extension your upgraded shocks provide. A user in this thread above says a front drive shaft is needed on the Clayton 3.5 kit if the front shocks you run have an extended length greater than 28.5". My SDI's max out at 27.25 inches of extension, so may explain why I have never seen the need to upgrade driveshafts.

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
You got me curious about this, so I dug in for some research and clearer answers:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/replace-drive-shaft-with-clayton-lift-kit.37956/

This thread should give some answers for you. Looks like Clayton doesnt mention it because it has to do with the amount of extension your upgraded shocks provide. A user in this thread above says a front drive shaft is needed on the Clayton 3.5 kit if the front shocks you run have an extended length greater than 28.5". My SDI's max out at 27.25 inches of extension, so may explain why I have never seen the need to upgrade driveshafts.

Thanks. The boxes are starting to come in. I went with the falcon 3.3 shocks they recommended.

They did say it may be needed if you really hit it hard offroad and push the articulation.
Sponsored