kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say the climate control interface is excellent; if only the actual air coming out of the vents matched the temperatures the Uconnect states should be coming out of the vent. I find the temperatures are way off the stated temperature.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have to say the climate control interface is excellent; if only the actual air coming out of the vents matched the temperatures the Uconnect states should be coming out of the vent. I find the temperatures are way off the stated temperature.
As best I can figure out, the vehicle is trying to reach the temperature in the cabin as quickly as possible. If you set it to 74 and it's 68 in the cabin, it blows the hottest possible air--not 74 degree air. I've not found a reliable way to tell it to blow slightly cooler or slightly warmer. The only thing that works is to tell it to not blow air directly onto me through the dash air vents so at least I don't directly suffer its idiosyncrasies. Honestly along with power door locks and windows, this is technology that I'd be just as happy with a fully manual control.

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine acts like that as well. I would like to know where the temp sensor is for the HVAC system. The best I can figure it must be inside the spare tire.

Honestly a 70 degree setting will be sub-arctic one day and Death Valley the next, I guess climate change is real...at least inside my cab. I blame Skynet for developing the U Connect software. It has become self aware and is protesting my lack of driving skills.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Mine acts like that as well. I would like to know where the temp sensor is for the HVAC system. The best I can figure it must be inside the spare tire.

Honestly a 70 degree setting will be sub-arctic one day and Death Valley the next, I guess climate change is real...at least inside my cab. I blame Skynet for developing the U Connect software. It has become self aware and is protesting my lack of driving skills.
Take it to the dealership, it's not supposed to be that way. Mine is set at 72 and it's been that way all winter without any problems that you speak of.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
So today just after we left for the trail, our Gladiator’s climate control jumped to 76 degrees on both sides and froze out all other climate control functions. The on-screen slider function on the Climate page will let you reset the temp, but it flips back to 76 a second later. No other controls function.

Has anyone run into this or know how to fix it?

We’ve turned off the car multiple times for up to an hour, but the problem stays. Will try disconnecting a battery terminal before making the 3 hour ride home tomorrow, but this glitch is a bizarre one.
Did you ever get a resolution for this? The same exact thing just happened to me

I'm out of warranty now as well, I'd like to see if you found anything before I go and start paying a dealer to fix it

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

wv_gladiator

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I never have been impressed with the auto climate in my JTRD. Temperature control just isn't very good, not terrible just not good. I had a 2016 Ram crew cab and auto control was excellent.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
I test drove a new 2022 Wrangler yesterday that did this same thing. It blew blasting hot on my side then eventually switched to the dash vents and blew cold air unless I turned it off or turned it up. I did not try sync to see if that made it work correctly. My 2015 Ram has a similar problem but sync doesn't stop it. I have a HVAC controller on backorder for my Ram and I hope it comes in before summer so I can see if it fixes it.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
All these issues remind me that mine will do something similar, but only when my wife takes it off auto. Do you have Auto engaged?

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Mine's sync'd and set at 69*. When first starting out when it's cold out, once the engine warms and it starts blowing heat, it's wicked hot coming out the dash vents. I keep it there for a few to warm up then switch to just the floor vents. Eventually, the dash air becomes 'normal'. Otherwise, it is burning hot until the cabin sensor realizes the cabin is now warmed enough then it acts normally.

I approached my stealership abut this the first winter I had mine (this was the winter of '19) and they couldn't find anything wrong. The cabin heat sensor was working properly and it's little fan was also drawing air across it as it was supposed to.

Turns out, where they put the sensor for cabin air temperature actually sucks. It takes a while for it to realize that the cabin is now to set point and can throttle back the heat. This is why switching to floor vents helps because it actually gets the warm air to the sensor (located on the lower dash panel above the accelerator) quicker. Subsequent starts and stops within a trip of running errands, the HVAC acts normal.

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
Hey all... Been out of this Forum for a while. As an update on why my cabin heater randomly turning into Hells Gate, it turns out after a 5th trip to the stealership, CJDR had one of their "STAR" techs dive into it and I guess a software update was needed and it HAS solved my cabin air heater issues. I have reached out to them for more information on what the software update was, and if/when i get that info i will post it onto here.
Sponsored