Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
seems like the 8 speed really helps! That said over time if we start doing longer trips like to get my 8th gear back in the power band for gas mileage. I’m sure it isn’t a necessity up front but probably something I’d do eventually on 37s and get back to the intended drive ratios.

We need to get together one day @Sorbs would love to check out your rig :)
You’d be surprised that 8th isn’t as elusive as you might think. The reality is the transmission tries to keep it in a good rev range. This makes it both economical as well as allows for decent performance. When driving casually, I see it maintain 2k RPM, so with bigger tires, 8th gear isn’t mandatory to get there, but does show up once in awhile.
Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
You’d be surprised that 8th isn’t as elusive as you might think. The reality is the transmission tries to keep it in a good rev range. This makes it both economical as well as allows for decent performance. When driving casually, I see it maintain 2k RPM, so with bigger tires, 8th gear isn’t mandatory to get there, but does show up once in awhile.
Very interesting! Man I can’t wait to get set up and back on the trails. Lots of plans this summer!

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So beautiful! Can't wait to move out to Nederland (above Boulder) in a couple months.
Ok, the time has come...next Saturday (30th), we start the Wagon Train out west (via Chicago to p/u daughter, layover in Lincoln, NE and arrive in Nederland CO on the 1st. So, what is the first trail we should love at? Since we will have a crap load of work getting the new house ready for occupancy I'm thinking of a non-overnight route, nothing too technical as I may have my youngest son take the wheel some of the time :facepalm:. Jenny Creek is definitely an option, just looking for more ideas!

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
I just got my Gladiator and live in the area... looking to find some trails this weekend as well as I have never been on any of them! (No recovery gear yet, so do't want anything too crazy.)

Reactions: d k

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just got my Gladiator and live in the area... looking to find some trails this weekend as well as I have never been on any of them! (No recovery gear yet, so do't want anything too crazy.)
I believe Jenny Creek should fit the bill, but if you head out without recovery gear I'd suggest another partner in crime in case something were to happen :lipssealed:.
Sponsored