Colorado or Front Range Gladiator owners

Chargingstar

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What is everyone up for on Friday? @FR33DOM sounds like we may have China Wall on Saturday.
Hermit Pass isn't too far (Westcliffe) and has scenic views of the mountains and of Horseshoe / Hermit Lake. Westcliffe is a great spot to grab breakfast and coffee before hand and Elevation Meat Market has bad ass sandwiches for lunch after. We can be back pretty early in the day if we set out early.

If the Friday crew wants to be more adventurous there's Medano Pass starting near Westcliffe and ending in the Great Sand Dunes. It does make for a longer day with having to cut over through Walsenberg to get back on I25 to head home.

La Salle Pass / Badger Mountain is close-ish and stress free. I'm good with whatever the group decides as long as we are on dirt and the vibes are chill!

Chargingstar

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
In for Friday. Wife and I are going to do an overnighter to Crystal Mill Saturday/Sunday.
I was going to run Crystal Mill last year in my 4Runner after a pretty traumatizing April and May and got into an accident right before my trip. I ended up hiking it (Carbondale and Marble during the pandemic were amazing - literally had the place to myself and the USFS campground outside of marble with riverside camp spots was completely empty) and I swear I'll cut my own legs off before I ever hike it again. The trail isnt hard per se and runs right along the beautiful Crystal River but it is a jeep trail through and through with a rocky surface almost the entire way. Grab some barbeque in Marble to celebrate after!

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
@Waggs I second the bbq in Crystal. Done this one twice. GREAT trail. as for Friday, I am the same, chill vibes and good times. I'll do whatever we decide. Done Balanced Rock and Schubarth a handful of times. Time for new scenery. Medano could be a good time. I'm really down for whatever. 35s and new 4.88 gears would like to see what they do.

I was going to run Crystal Mill last year in my 4Runner after a pretty traumatizing April and May and got into an accident right before my trip. I ended up hiking it (Carbondale and Marble during the pandemic were amazing - literally had the place to myself and the USFS campground outside of marble with riverside camp spots was completely empty) and I swear I'll cut my own legs off before I ever hike it again. The trail isnt hard per se and runs right along the beautiful Crystal River but it is a jeep trail through and through with a rocky surface almost the entire way. Grab some barbeque in Marble to celebrate after!

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I am 50/50 on Saturday. I just realized I am flying out on a biz trip on Sunday so time is super compressed. I'll update when I can.

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Man, I wish I could adjust a bit. I got my kids during the time I am going and they love wheeling.
I do look forward to hearing about your trip and maybe getting a beer on August 2?
No worries! I get it...I have three kids 9, 10, and 11. You all have fun running China Wall and share some pics!

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

Sponsored

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
I have to back out of Friday (7/30). I thought we were doing a deployment on Thursday (7/29), but it turns out it's Friday....evening! 🤮🤮🤮

I'll catch the next one. 😥
Waggs

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
sigh. Adult stuff is not as fun as wheeling.

I have to back out of Friday (7/30). I thought we were doing a deployment on Thursday (7/29), but it turns out it's Friday....evening! 🤮🤮🤮

I'll catch the next one. 😥
Waggs

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Ok @Waggs is being pressed by the man on a Friday. I am in for Friday. Anyone else? Waiting on @FR33DOM to find out about China Wall on Saturday.

Hermit Pass isn't too far (Westcliffe) and has scenic views of the mountains and of Horseshoe / Hermit Lake. Westcliffe is a great spot to grab breakfast and coffee before hand and Elevation Meat Market has bad ass sandwiches for lunch after. We can be back pretty early in the day if we set out early.

If the Friday crew wants to be more adventurous there's Medano Pass starting near Westcliffe and ending in the Great Sand Dunes. It does make for a longer day with having to cut over through Walsenberg to get back on I25 to head home.

La Salle Pass / Badger Mountain is close-ish and stress free. I'm good with whatever the group decides as long as we are on dirt and the vibes are chill!