Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Thanks for the guidance and encouragement. I'm not a mechanic either but do most of my upgrades on Jeeps with proper instructions. But electric is one of those things I tend to avoid. The turn signals and headlights do look sweet and was the main reason I wanted to upgrade. I have a couple of weeks vacation time coming. I'll tackle it then so I can take my time.

Any suggestions with the double sided tape and installing the headlights?
Any suggestions with the
My lights I bought from the above eBay auction came with two strips but they stuck to the paper and were useless. I used a clear gorilla tape that was double sided and just cut it to thickness and stick it on the same spot as the old lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
If you buy the head light kit from mopar i used the attached fuse tap and put it in the passenger heated seats fuse spot. I then cut the metal parts off the ends of the supplied wire twisted them together and crimped it into the tap. This avoided the nightmare part of the install to get the halos lit that requires you to plug it in through the firewall and into an awkward area harness. It works beautifully and saved alooooot of time. https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...ryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=D4gnMb6Vx

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
If you buy the head light kit from mopar i used the attached fuse tap and put it in the passenger heated seats fuse spot. I then cut the metal parts off the ends of the supplied wire twisted them together and crimped it into the tap. This avoided the nightmare part of the install to get the halos lit that requires you to plug it in through the firewall and into an awkward area harness. It works beautifully and saved alooooot of time. https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...ryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=D4gnMb6Vx
@Jhoussock Thanks for all the tips here.

I'm over on the JL forums and saw this thread over here with more details on the fender install. I did a full front end conversion this weekend and was able to do the fender lights without removing any of the plastic rivets. I dislodged like the first three fender-body clips and this let me pull the fender away enough to swing the cover down. I then was able to rotate the rear mounting bracket away while it was still attached to the rivet.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
My lights I bought from the above eBay auction came with two strips but they stuck to the paper and were useless. I used a clear gorilla tape that was double sided and just cut it to thickness and stick it on the same spot as the old lights.
I used this tape. Looks identical to the original. My local Autozone stocked it.
Annotation 2020-02-17 075321.jpg

Snowdogyyz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
@Jhoussock Thanks for all the tips here.

I'm over on the JL forums and saw this thread over here with more details on the fender install. I did a full front end conversion this weekend and was able to do the fender lights without removing any of the plastic rivets. I dislodged like the first three fender-body clips and this let me pull the fender away enough to swing the cover down. I then was able to rotate the rear mounting bracket away while it was still attached to the rivet.
Anyway you could link that thread? I’m doing this soon and would love to leave rivets in tact! Thanks!

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Anyway you could link that thread? I’m doing this soon and would love to leave rivets in tact! Thanks!
Sorry I did not have a thread over there. I just followed this one and added my info. Willing to try and help answer any questions.

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Yeah you can definitely do it without removing rivets. If you do take that route just be sure not to flex it to much against the rivet. Spin it like mentioned above. I flexed one took much and it ended up lose so removed and replaced when all was said and done. If you have the rivet tool it’s definitely easier to install by removing the rivet as I did one of each. It takes two seconds to replace the rivet.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I'm also in the middle of the conversion. The fogs came with the bumper when I upgraded from the plastic to the metal Mopar one. That was easy enough. I just received the turning signals. From the YouTube videos posted it looks like a major undertaking. Did you take off the liner completely? Did you take pictures while doing it? I was looking forward to them. But now I'm apprehensive about it. Any suggestions, hints that will make it easier? What adhesive did you use?

The headlights. Did you have run a harness? Or can I just plug and play?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty discouraged and about to say fk it. Sell the lights and just get led bulbs
I am currently in the route of purchasing a steel bumper with LEDs and have halogen. The one Im looking at has the wire harness that comes with the LEDs. Did you have any issues connecting or needed a flash?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
The Harness is plug-n-play, some have flicker in the Fog Lights after the swap without programming.

Gregj

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
The Harness is plug-n-play, some have flicker in the Fog Lights after the swap without programming.

Gregj
I did the bumper swap on mine. If you have factory halogens and upgrade to the LED fogs, you'll need to get it flashed at the dealership or you'll see flickering in the LED fog lights whenever the engine rpm's drop. My dealership charged me $60 to flash the LED fogs and the aux buttons I installed, well worth it IMO. If you have a programmer (Tazer, Jscan, etc) you could flash it yourself, but I don't feel comfortable doing my own programming and risking warranty issues (most people don't mind though). If you get it flashed you also won't have issues with aftermarket fog light replacements like those from Baja Designs; some people needed to get an "anit-flicker" harness add on to get those lights working if they upgraded from the factory halogens. By getting it flashed that anti-flicker harness isn't needed.

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I was under the impression the Rubicon came with the LED headlights. Not the case? My cousin just picked up the new JT Rubicon he ordered. I'll ask him if he got the LED headlights and, if not, recommend replacements. Sheesh the factory halogens suck.

I have a Sport S with Max tow and I'm still not sure if any of the lights are LEDs.

Archbored3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Teacher
Not really a parts list.....I bought the headlight kit from mopar that comes with everything you need. The signals have built in harnesses and the fogs and tails just plug into the fixture using your previous harness’s. I did buy the tazer to avoid going to the Jeep dealer to be flashed...when I called to price how much it would be they had no idea what I was talking about and asked am I sure I can switch the lights out....I figured the tazer would be easier for me. I did this because I was driving an Acura with some crazy headlights before the gladiator and I missed them...the Jeep leds ended up blowing the Acura leds our of the water to my surprise. If you can put up the cash go the route of the whole fixed not the bulbs. I actually bought bulbs for everything at first and then realized that was just money I could put into lights instead and canceled the order....so glad I did
Do you need the taser to go from halogen to any led headlights? I was thinking oracle RGB deals.

Fercho06

First Name
fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Can you please tell me what options I need to change on the tazer, I just changed the halogen drl to oem led drl, thank you
Sponsored