First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I have been a professional technical writer for over 15 years. It's my job to take complex, detailed information and distill it down into something that's easy for end-users to understand. Suffice to say, I pride myself on being able to comprehend even the most asinine jibberish that barely literate people call documentation.

All that said, I have absolutely no idea what the F- this is supposed to mean...

20210917_131437.jpg
Sponsored

Syndula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
After the pump shuts off wait ten seconds then remove the nozzle.
Pump gas into canister out side of truck.
Lastly do not use E85 fuel.

OP
OP
cafecito

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Let your nozzle drip into the tank for 10 sec before removal. Seems pretty excessive.
The arrow pointing up/right is what confuses me. You pull the gas line out away from the truck. You don't remove it by forcing it up and toward the vehicle.

What a stupid diagram... lol

OP
OP
cafecito

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tool
After the pump shuts off wait ten seconds then remove the nozzle.
Pump gas into canister out side of truck.
Lastly do not use E85 fuel.
Also, use your phone to scan this QR code to read the manual, even though cell phones can ignite fuel vapors. Smart.

Sponsored

Syndula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
The arrow pointing up/right is what confuses me. You pull the gas line out away from the truck. You don't remove it by forcing it up and toward the vehicle.

I agree though I must say its better then some manufacture datasheets I deal with.

centra28

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
I have been a professional technical writer for over 15 years. It's my job to take complex, detailed information and distill it down into something that's easy for end-users to understand. Suffice to say, I pride myself on being able to comprehend even the most asinine jibberish that barely literate people call documentation.

All that said, I have absolutely no idea what the F- this is supposed to mean...

Jeep Gladiator Confession 20210917_131437
well see, you squirt the gas in, wait 10 seconds, then you suck the gas back out. Then you use a very large gas can to pour the rest of the gas into the truck bed. Also E85 is not allowed.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

It's assuming you are right handed and standing on the other side - which yes, is weird, as if that was the case, you'd not be reading the graphics!

OP
OP
cafecito

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Has there ever been a single documented case of that happening? I refuse to believe it.
"While it may be “theoretically possible for a spark from a cell phone battery to ignite gas vapor,” the FCC concludes the potential threat is remote."

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/...ell-phone-at-the-gas-station-can-cause-a-fire

My earbuds have shocked me when I've put them into my ears before. Cell phones and their peripherals operate using electricity. The chance of ignition is definitely remote, but it's not zero.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No there has not. Not even a QR code anyway. That's assembly-line scanner tracking stuff.
That or like in the 90s, it's the ID of that decal. I have prior Jeep decals that have the part number on them and a bar code. It ID'd the decal at least back then.

It is confusing that they put that code right next to the "RTFM for more information" symbol.
Sponsored