First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
I have had a ARB fridge/freezer for close to ten years, I boat a ton year round, grandkids baseball tournaments from spring to late summer, (out 2-3 days with travel) and wheeling trips in between. I haven’t bought a bag of ice virtually the entire time. The ARB plugs into the boat’s batteries setup and I have a stand alone group 31 first interstate marine battery for the bed of the JT. (it will go three days in the sun on a full battery charge). The math for cost of ice over time with my use time is clear, invest in a fridge.
Sponsored

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
No worries for ice and throwing food that got wet because bag got ripped.

When not in use, plug it in the garage and use it as a beer fridge. Been going like this for 3 years and will never go back to coolers.

DickensCPA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Avalanche / 2004 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CPA
These days, if you can afford a Yeti, you can afford a fridge.

I paid $250 for my 30QT Alpicool fridge. Some days it rides in the bed, some days it rides in the back seat. Keeps my food cold and dry. I don't even use an extra battery - just plug it into the truck. Long as the truck runs every 18-24 hours for a short bit, its fine.

Most of what I use it for is day or weekend trips.
One of the big hard shell Yetis was given to me by my wife for Father's Day quite a while back. I won the real big one at a drawing at an archery tournament. My wife bought the soft one with a zipper for going to the pool and it does fine for that. Most all of the tumbler/thermos style Yetis except 2 were door prizes at fishing tournaments for the people who don't finish in the money.

It's kind of an inside joke here at the house if I tell my wife I have a fishing tournament that weekend she tells me what color Yeti to pick out. LOL! Yeti is a big sponsor on the trail I fish and the losers get to go up one by one and pick a Yeti up off the table. Yetis and rod sleeves. I bet I have 30 rods and 60 rod sleeves.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
For 2 weeks of usage I would get a fridge. Much less hassle. We despise camping, just use coolers to transport food to our destination and unpack. For us and that use we have many coolers and some deep freezing ice packs that work amazingly well. But for 2 weeks of managing ice and stuff... would be a headache
Sponsored