First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
My guess is MOPAR lift and 4.56. Doubt they mess with the transmission, far easier to do gearing.
The photos of the wrangler in the link certainly make it look like a mopar 2” is installed.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara has a Mopar 2-inch lift and 35-inch tires. I am 6’0” tall and I need to use the grab handle and the side steps to climb into it.

A Rubicon with 2-inch lift, 35-inch tires and rock rails is going to be a bitch to get into for 90% of the buying public. Jeep is going to have to address that somehow.

Perhaps include the optional rock rails with built-in side steps in the package.
Jeep Gladiator Could stock 35's be coming to the JT?? 1622137454238

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It will be interesting to see what, if any suspension and drivetrain mods Jeep makes for the 35's.
Actually, if I remember correctly, when the JT came out, they said the rubicon JLR, JLUR, & JTR come with the higher clearance fender flares and can therefore fit 35’s stock. And the “bead lock capable” Mopar rims are wider than stock rims to accommodate wide tires. On top of all this, there was another article a while back about jeep building an upgrade facility so people could order said mopar upgrades to their Jeep’s and it would be installed before ever arriving at the dealer and be included in the warranty. Could this article be referring to that? You order a wrangler or gladiator and get it delivered with 35’s already on it.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
They should have had bigger tires from the day the truck was offered based on what they charge for the truck but it would lose its MPG rating I suppose

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Rubicon with 2-inch lift, 35-inch tires and rock rails is going to be a bitch to get into for 90% of the buying public. Jeep is going to have to address that somehow.

Perhaps include the optional rock rails with built-in side steps in the package.
Or don't buy it with 35's...

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yeah bring it. Soon it will all electric with 1000 mile range on 40s

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if that has anything to do with the recent spate of dealers being "unable" to recalibrate for larger tires?

Letting the darker part of my brain run free for a minute... Fiat gave Jeep a pretty long leash with the JL/JT. There are a LOT of details that the bean counters and lawyers at GM would never sign off on. if "A" is dealers' inability to recalibrate speedos, "B" is 35s as a factory/dealer option likely for 2022, and A+B=C, what is C? Will the Tazers and JL Scans be locked out? What else would they make impossible or much more difficult for the end users to do in the name of increasing sticker prices? Let's be honest with ourselves, Jeeps are cash cows. Jeep's engineering department has about as much to do as Porsche's design department (come to think of it, the Jeep design department hasn't exactly been busy in any conventional way), and the prices are sky high anyway. Stellantis seems to be proving that dropping an engine out of a $32K pickup into a similarly priced SUV results in an $80K price gouge... What's next?

Depending on your perspective, the aftermarket is one of the Jeep platform's most powerful assets OR one of the greatest missed opportunities...
I keep hearing this, but my dealer in California has no problem flashing the Speedo and the shift points when going up to 35's

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
True bead lock wheels are illegal for street use in some states. I don't see Jeep offering an illegal vehicle for purchase.
There are DOT approved wheels out there that are legal in all states.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
True bead lock wheels are illegal for street use in some states. I don't see Jeep offering an illegal vehicle for purchase.
Well it has in the past the Renegade package on the Liberty is not N.J. compliant and few others States due to built in "aux" lights on roofline.
Sponsored