Sponsored

Critique my planned audio upgrade (part list inside)

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
So after tons of research I think this is the direction I am headed:

I have the 8.4 premium system right now.

I will use a Pac AMPpro AP4-CH41 with APH-CH01 harness to integrate.

Subs: JL stealthbox
Amp: JL VX100/5i amp
JL under seat amp rack and JL jeep specific fuse holder

Front dash: JL C2 350x coaxial
Front kicker: JL C2 650x coaxial
Metra kick panel adapterseee

Sound barL JL C2 650x coaxial
SSVworks adapters

I do have a concern. The amp is a 5 channel. 4 for speakers and 1 for the sub. The front dash and kick panels would in essence be on 2 channels (front left and front right) but 4 speakers. Will the fronts get enough power? The amp can do 75w RMS at 14v per channel (non sub channels). That means each speaker would get around 32w or so up front each.

Sound bar would be fine as its just two speakers (left and right) and each would get plenty of power

Now I could do some different things here..maybe I just run a set of C2 650 components up front (mid in kicker and component in the dash pod..but its a small 1 inch tweeter..so. I would need to fab something up to hold it. I would think having coax in both the dash and kick panel would fill better.

Maybe I do the C2 650 components in the sound bar instead of the 650x?

Right now I am looking at around 3k in parts for this...it steam rolled real quick.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Bringing back the dead..... I'm planning a similar setup and have the 8.4/alpine currently...

- c2 350x in the dash
- c1 6.5 in the need with metra box
- c1 6x9 and the mb quart mount

For the sub, I'm going to try to jam a JL TW3 in the factory alpine box assuming I'll have to make an adapter ring to bring it forward it a bit. The air space in the factory box should be sufficient. If that plan doesn't work, I'll remove the alpine sub box and build a custom box to go behind the rear seat and house two TW3 10's, though I'd prefer not to go this route but I figure if I'm making a box anyway, I might as well build one to house two subs.

I'm going to power the replacement speakers off the alpine amp and see how that does. I don't need loud music, just want more clarity. From my research, the C1's do pretty well with lower wattages and they should each be recieving about 23w rms but the factory speakers are 2ohms and the JL's are 4, so we'll see... I am just trying to avoid putting in any more amps than I'll already need to get rid of this wimpy factory sub.

I'm skipping the pac adapter if I can and will use speaker inputs for the sub's amp. I can't find out though, if I'll be able to use the OEM sub wiring to get that line level for the amp or if it will have to come from the soundbar wiring that is in the B pilar.