First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I think it’s safe to say that no one hears music the same. I know I have lost some high frequency hearing from running too many rounds down range. I was looking at the same system you are. Yesterday I received and installed the 3.5s. If completely changed the sound field to my ears. If your not wanting to redo entire system, try just those first. 10 min install. The way Alpine sends ohms to the speakers is insane but it really doesn’t matter what speakers you put in if there is no power to drive them. My humble opinion 😎
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Nice Upgrades ! Make sure you update your content to CD quality .wav or high res. A USB stick with CD quality .wav files or high res 196/24 .wav or flac is night and day difference from "on air" content. I could even tell the difference between high res 196/24 vs CD on the stock alpine system. The music is much fuller and thicker and can go much louder without distortion.
Note: I have found that a 3.0 126 gig usb stick with about 110 gig of content data is the most optimal to reduce directory creation time during engine startup. I like the way the 126 gig USB sticks work vs the 256 USB sticks.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
Nice Upgrades ! Make sure you update your content to CD quality .wav or high res. A USB stick with CD quality .wav files or high res 196/24 .wav or flac is night and day difference from "on air" content. I could even tell the difference between high res 196/24 vs CD on the stock alpine system. The music is much fuller and thicker and can go much louder without distortion.
Note: I have found that a 3.0 126 gig usb stick with about 110 gig of content data is the most optimal to reduce directory creation time during engine startup. I like the way the 126 gig USB sticks work vs the 256 USB sticks.
While it isn't the case now with the costs, I never understood why hard drives/ssd were not better integrated into head units or at least the potential for them to be.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
While it isn't the case now with the costs, I never understood why hard drives/ssd were not better integrated into head units or at least the potential for them to be.
I guess they figure people like the flexibility of using multiple USB sticks - which actually works very well... --- Unfortunately, most USB sticks are low quality and they just stop working or get flaky after 6 months or so from all the heat cycling. I just make sure I have multiple USB stick copies of my 100 gig of data.

Sponsored

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
Chrysler did that with the 730 and 430 with an added HDD. It was a pita to load and most of us are now bringing out phones with us. You probably could get higher res with a usb stick but Apple Lossless is really good now.

GreyfoxActual

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, Grand Cherokee L Summit
Occupation
Gov
I think it’s safe to say that no one hears music the same. I know I have lost some high frequency hearing from running too many rounds down range. I was looking at the same system you are. Yesterday I received and installed the 3.5s. If completely changed the sound field to my ears. If your not wanting to redo entire system, try just those first. 10 min install. The way Alpine sends ohms to the speakers is insane but it really doesn’t matter what speakers you put in if there is no power to drive them. My humble opinion 😎
Which 3.5” did you go with?