First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

So no Video for this one :). Anyways, this is in the works right now. We are doing a complete system upgrade. I will post pictures as they come!

Decided after lots of listening to a bunch of brands out there we decided to go with Arc Audio. In the past I we I had JL Audio, amd Hertz.. I didn't want the same old thing, wanted something new!

I have to say, I am amazed how much work this truck has been to take apart so far!

For those of you with good speakers on your computer, I am planning on uploading 4k audio clip after its set up so you can hear vs what stock sounds like...

We are doing 6.5's
and a 10" Sub
5 channel AMP.

P1030765.jpg

P1030766.jpg

P1030768.jpg

P1030771.jpg

P1030773.jpg

P1030774.jpg
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
How do you retain the functionality that was in the uconnect for controlling aspects of the vehicle, like climate control, convenience settings, etc?

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you retain the functionality that was in the uconnect for controlling aspects of the vehicle, like climate control, convenience settings, etc?
They sell a converter , pluggs into the back of the factory stereo/amp then gives you RCA Flat level to the amp... I will post all part numbers etc when we are done. I go back down there today too see how she is coming along..

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Will all the upgrades be as water resistant as everything being replaced?

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will all the upgrades be as water resistant as everything being replaced?
yes for the most part, that is why its all been taken apart, we thats why we re-used the factory enclosers for the speakers in the dash Amp will be mounted behind the rear seat, nothing on the floor in case she gets wet one day...

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
They sell a converter , pluggs into the back of the factory stereo/amp then gives you RCA Flat level to the amp... I will post all part numbers etc when we are done. I go back down there today too see how she is coming along..
Understood. So you keep the headunit you are really just upgrading the sound. Which is cool. This is a good idea for an upgrade.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. So you keep the head unit you are really just upgrading the sound. Which is cool. This is a good idea for an upgrade.
Oh man, tomorrow is the day! But yes, the whole reason why we went with alpine factory system is because we didn't want to miss out of that big beautiful screen and all of the features it comes with! Box will be done today, amp rack made, this place has been working around the clock to make this happen!

Side note, had to go with a 8" vs 10, there wasnt enough room as I didnt want to loose more space......

IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

jdysart

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50th Anniversary, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Programmer
Vehicle Showcase
So you opened up the front enclosures to house 6.5" speakers. I am glad to know that is an option. I am about to start the same process. What did you do in the overhead Sound Bar for speakers? Any other pics or updates. Thanks.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you opened up the front enclosures to house 6.5" speakers. I am glad to know that is an option. I am about to start the same process. What did you do in the overhead Sound Bar for speakers? Any other pics or updates. Thanks.
It’s all strait forward , the PAC adaptor we used I think is bad because it didn’t adapt to the factory system correctly , like now GPS voice is only out of the driver speaker and it gets cuts off , so I think the version of PAC rev1 isn’t the correct one. Other then that it’s just a normal speaker install. The speakers in the bar I haven’t done yet because they are 3” and 4” speakers , I haven’t looked yet only for ones but they look like if I keep the same size it would be direct fit. Sub box is done , orig wanted a 10 but I didn’t have enough airspace so we went with an 8 behind the seat I will share some pictures today
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.