Sponsored

Current $249 Lease Offer, Is It Worth It?

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn’t put anything down on a lease. If it gets totaled and paid off by insurance, you will lose that. Secondly, advertised leases can usually be beat by negotiating a discounted sales price, then finding a lease company (which still could be Chrysler Capital).
That’s not ALWAYS true. Depends on the state you live in. Some places you get market value and it goes to you! Not the leasing company. Though you need to pay off the lease.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
That’s not ALWAYS true. Depends on the state you live in. Some places you get market value and it goes to you! Not the leasing company. Though you need to pay off the lease.
If the market value is greater than what is owed, yes. With a lease, it is often less because of the immediate depreciation.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who doesn’t lease because well....it costs more until you stop doing it...

I did lease a car for my daughter when she graduated HS. I told her if she got a 4.0 I would get her a new car.

She wanted a VW Golf. So I leased it. She drove it through college. Had only 18,000 miles on it so she ended up buying it at the end of the lease when she graduated.

My over payments during the lease made it more affordable to buy for her due to the miles.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
For what its worth, my $46k sticker Sport S Im paying $303 for 24 months, 2k at signing, 10k miles, 78% residual. I totally plan on buying this out due to residual and what Ill have into it all things considered. If you want the dealer and salesman that I used, feel free to message me. I have since had 3 friends get gladiators from them at similar deals.

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This lease offer your seeing is very expensive for a base model. After taxes that’s a chunk of change out of pocket. I leased mine because I get a lease allowance for my job. I’m actually going to end my lease next year and buy it out and lease my wife a wrangler. I’ve already scratched mine all to hell and the mod bug has bit me hard so I’m just going to call off the lease. I have build plans now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jedieb

Jedieb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willy
I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond. I got a lot of valuable information from this thread and it's very much appreciated.

I'm currently leasing a 2018 Willy's. The lease expires in May. My plan was always to buy the Willlys at the end of the lease. I can't tell you how much I love my Willys, I don't really want to part with it. But I've come to rely on the extra income from a night job that I have and I need a truck. The Silverado has been very dependable, but it's getting to the point where it costs a good deal to maintain and we're afraid it could break down on us at any moment.

Because of the pandemic, I've been working from home since March. I'm going to be well under the mileage limits of my current lease. I could probably keep a new lease to under 12K because I won't have to renew my commute until August (I'm a teacher.)

Anyway, I'm getting ready to call a dealer and what's what, wish me luck!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond. I got a lot of valuable information from this thread and it's very much appreciated.

I'm currently leasing a 2018 Willy's. The lease expires in May. My plan was always to buy the Willlys at the end of the lease. I can't tell you how much I love my Willys, I don't really want to part with it. But I've come to rely on the extra income from a night job that I have and I need a truck. The Silverado has been very dependable, but it's getting to the point where it costs a good deal to maintain and we're afraid it could break down on us at any moment.

Because of the pandemic, I've been working from home since March. I'm going to be well under the mileage limits of my current lease. I could probably keep a new lease to under 12K because I won't have to renew my commute until August (I'm a teacher.)

Anyway, I'm getting ready to call a dealer and what's what, wish me luck!
Be careful with a lease if you are trying to use the truck as a truck. They can get you for the smallest dents, dings and scratches at the end of one.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
The average person in this country who HAS a 401k and is 50 years old has an average balance of just $100,000. And only 30% of the population has one. That’s pretty disturbing. Pathetic actually.

So all you “live in the now guys” should not be giving advice :)

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
One thing to keep in mind with a lease is that you don’t *have* to turn it in. You can trade in a lease the same way you trade in a financed car. The dealer goes based off the value of the vehicle and the cost to buyout the lease. I traded my leased Challenger in for my JT back in July, and the dealer gave me more for the challenger than it was worth just to put me in a JT. My lease is cheaper on the JT even with the negative equity I rolled in purely because of how well these hold value. I’m on a 42m/12k lease and my Residual is 73%.

OP
OP
Jedieb

Jedieb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willy
One thing to keep in mind with a lease is that you don’t *have* to turn it in. You can trade in a lease the same way you trade in a financed car. The dealer goes based off the value of the vehicle and the cost to buyout the lease. I traded my leased Challenger in for my JT back in July, and the dealer gave me more for the challenger than it was worth just to put me in a JT. My lease is cheaper on the JT even with the negative equity I rolled in purely because of how well these hold value. I’m on a 42m/12k lease and my Residual is 73%.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jedieb

Jedieb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willy
I've decided to hold onto my Willys until the lease expires in May. The current lease offer on the Gladiator isn't going to give me the model I want. My residual is just over 70% and I'm going to be well under the mileage so hopefully I'll be able to make it work then.

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I've got a beat up Silverado that's on it's last legs. I'm currently leasing a Willy's and I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the current lease offer on the Gladiator Sport for $249. I'm having trouble finding just what's in this 24B package. Honestly, if it's got AC/Heat and radio and good to go. I really don't need much more than that.
I just leased a Willys Edition $48k MSRP Gladiator for $289/mo for 24 months & 10K miles/year (through US Bank) with ONLY my first payment down. I live in Oregon and all of my licensing fees and tax were all included. Did I mention only $289/mo?!?!? 🙃 There are deals out there and I plan on riding this one out for 2 years and then picking up another. That’s A LOT of truck for less than $300/mo.

Last edited:

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just leased a Willys Edition $48k MSRP Gladiator for $289/mo for 24 months & 10K miles/year (through US Bank) with ONLY my first payment down. I live in Oregon and all of my licensing fees and tax were all included. Did I mention only $289/mo?!?!? 🙃 There are deals out there and I plan on riding this one out for 2 years and then picking up another. That’s is A LOT of truck for less than $300/mo.
This is insane and I’d love to see the break down. I’ve moved a few of these this month and I have no clue how they could pull that off. I’m an employee and couldn’t get that deal.

hreyhrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
SEO
I just leased a Willys Edition $48k MSRP Gladiator for $289/mo for 24 months & 10K miles/year (through US Bank) with ONLY my first payment down. I live in Oregon and all of my licensing fees and tax were all included. Did I mention only $289/mo?!?!? 🙃 There are deals out there and I plan on riding this one out for 2 years and then picking up another. That’s A LOT of truck for less than $300/mo.
crazy good deal, I’m in metro Detroit and can’t even find deals like that

Quan2xr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I've been considering a lease on the Gladiator too, just to get into something unique. Shopped around for a similar deal for the past month or so on a '21 Willys Sport, but I'm having a similar issue in terms of options. The one I want has options I don't need and the ones that I'm getting "decent" pricing on have all the extras besides the ones I'm looking for. Good thing about the NoVA market though is there's plenty of '21s for sale, , but finding the under $300 deals with decent options is difficult.
Sponsored