Sponsored

Current opinion of the Bronco?

What do you think of the Bronco in person?

• Total voters

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
Haven't had a Ford since my 57 Fairlane convertible...
Won't ever have another one...

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I wanted to hate it. @Waggs took this pic while I was shooting video.
It did well. Really. I would buy one over a Tacoma or a 4Runner easy.
Toss up with the Wrangler.
I prefer my JT.

IMG_4274.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, people don't think the way I am saying? So when someone is deciding between an SUV and a truck, they don't have to decide which one they need more? You either need an SUV or a truck. When you bring cars into the conversation, now you are talking about something else. The topic was comparing a Bronco to a Gladiator. Not comparing a Bronco to a gladiator, to a full size SUV, to a sedan, to a hybrid, to a sedan, to a full size truck. That's a completely different conversation.

And a Canyon or a Ranger being a more rational choice is your opinion. The Gladiator has fulfilled every need. I tow a 22' (4000lb+) camper, ATV trailer, trailer with tractor loaded on it, and a boat. I haul with it. I've taken it offroad. A lot. All over the Southeast from Texas to Florida to Tennessee. Go off in the woods and camp wtih it. And I haul the family with it. And I have been doing it in my Gladiator for over 102,000 miles now. What else does it need to do?
Some people make rational choices. But most buyers aren't directly basing their choice on functional requirements. I heard it constantly when I sold cars.

Re your description of how great the Gladiator meets your needs. The Ranger or Canyon are more rational because they will do everything you mentioned for $15k less than a Gladiator. You don't ned to justify your purchase. I'm about to buy one too.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I think Ford failed miserably in terms of styling. They DON'T resemble the original (OR the later) Broncos at all. So why name them that if not to invoke nostalgia for the original?

They may be very capable; I don't know but they also don't address their competition by offering a pickup style. The original small Broncos had a sorta/kinda pickup bed option if I remember correctly. Didn't see them very often but they were out there.
Well the new Maverick doesn’t even come close to the old ones.
They should have called it the Colt…nope that was a Dodge.
The Pony…nope that was a Hyundai. Ummm…. Bronco II…nope that was done…Oh I know….Tonto…sorry off topic.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Some people make rational choices. But most buyers aren't directly basing their choice on functional requirements. I heard it constantly when I sold cars.

Re your description of how great the Gladiator meets your needs. The Ranger or Canyon are more rational because they will do everything you mentioned for $15k less than a Gladiator. You don't ned to justify your purchase. I'm about to buy one too.
But, they can’t go naked.
The JT had that unique feature until the new Bronco got on board, but hey it’s not a truck.

Last edited:

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
...The biggest thing the bronco offers is a locker at any trim level that you can add...

I keep seeing this mentioned as if it's some accomplishment but it's really just marketing smoke and mirrors for 2 reasons based on my research:

A) The sasquatch package to add these also changes suspension, tires, rims, tie rods, lockers etc so by the time you add it they're all really only different on a few cosmetic things and the options packages. B) The cost of the sasquatch on lower trims ends up making it the same price as a Rubicon with comparable options.

It's really no different if jeep dropped Rubicon as a trim and instead let you option a Sahara or a Willy's or a sport with Rubicon package. It wouldn't actually change anything in terms of value or pricing or even capabilities other than to make marketing fooey about how they gave you lockers on every trim.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But, they can’t go naked.
The JT had that unique feature until the new Bronco got on board, but het it’s not a truck.
Absolutely. That's why I'm getting one. WANTS not needs.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor

1996XJ

Threads