Sponsored

Current Quadratec lead time?

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Anyone recently order from quadratec? How long is it taking for in-stock items to leave their warehouse right now?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
in stock is PDQ, assuming it's actually in stock like it says it is.

Ordering anything out of stock (even stuff with a "ships on if ordered today" date... actually especially that) is an absolute crapshoot, and if you call/chat/email to ask for more info they'll either tell you nothing or straight out lie.

I will never forgot when they told me my tonneau wasn't shipping because Extang wasn't making that item right now. Called Extang and they said they are definitely making that item right now and the reason my order hasn't shipped is because @Quadratec hadn't given them the order in any of the previous 6 weeks from the time I placed my order until the time I called Extang.

Or when I asked when the out of stock Tactik wheels would be in stock and they said "the manufacturer hasn't let us know". When I pointed out Tactik was a wholly owned subsidiary of Quadratec meaning they were the manufacturer, and in fact Tactik is registered to the same address as Quadratec so they could literally walk to someone a few cubicles away and ask, the chat agent disconnected.

schanro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Anyone recently order from quadratec? How long is it taking for in-stock items to leave their warehouse right now?
I just placed two different orders in the past two weeks. Both were in stock, and both shipped within 48 hours. Perhaps I was lucky, but I did not experience any issues with shipping delays.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
If it’s in stock you won’t have any delays

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Hopefully faster than it takes them to answer private messages on here.

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I waited 3 months for a dead pedal from them that was "in stock" ... This was a year ago ...

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
in stock is PDQ, assuming it's actually in stock like it says it is.

Ordering anything out of stock (even stuff with a "ships on if ordered today" date... actually especially that) is an absolute crapshoot, and if you call/chat/email to ask for more info they'll either tell you nothing or straight out lie.

I will never forgot when they told me my tonneau wasn't shipping because Extang wasn't making that item right now. Called Extang and they said they are definitely making that item right now and the reason my order hasn't shipped is because @Quadratec hadn't given them the order in any of the previous 6 weeks from the time I placed my order until the time I called Extang.

Or when I asked when the out of stock Tactik wheels would be in stock and they said "the manufacturer hasn't let us know". When I pointed out Tactik was a wholly owned subsidiary of Quadratec meaning they were the manufacturer, and in fact Tactik is registered to the same address as Quadratec so they could literally walk to someone a few cubicles away and ask, the chat agent disconnected.
I'm sure Tactik is just a brand they own. They don't actually manufacture it, they pay someone to. Contract manufacturing.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure Tactik is just a brand they own. They don't actually manufacture it, they pay someone to. Contract manufacturing.
Oh almost undoubtedly, but when you pay for contract manufacturing you have contact with the factory. Especially when they are behind on their commitments. Contract manufacturing (of which I engage in a lot of professionally) may not have the level of detail as building the item yourself, but it's got a lot more oversight than just dealing with some company selling you their items.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Oh almost undoubtedly, but when you pay for contract manufacturing you have contact with the factory. Especially when they are behind on their commitments. Contract manufacturing (of which I engage in a lot of professionally) may not have the level of detail as building the item yourself, but it's got a lot more oversight than just dealing with some company selling you their items.
That's exactly my line of work as well, and I wish that were true for us. We have oversight such as specification, quality control, that kind of thing. But if the resources and line time aren't there to make our stuff for the manufacturer, it just isn't happening. All that occurs are a lot of frustrating phone calls for both sides. We've been getting the hose a lot lately. No notice, just no production for you.

A lot of manufacturers over-committed, struggling to fill their lines up when there was no demand or limited demand during the pandemic. And now that demand is back, they don't have the line time to produce everything in a timely matter. Too many commitments, not enough production time available.

The bottlenecks are quite severe for us. Several months to get production for several items. All the contact with the factory in the world doesn't generate line time. Nor does all the money in the world. It just doesn't exist. Sure there's a contract, but if they have no line time, good luck enforcing it. Especially when they can just claim force majeure right now, and get away with it.

We are the contractor or the contracted for many products, so I'm seeing both sides. And both sides suck right now.

Last edited:

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
If it's in stock, they usually ship pretty quickly. You can contact them through the chat tool and ask for a stock check before you order, just to make sure. I've don that plenty of time, but not as much since to supply chain delays got bad over the last year.

If it's not in stock, it's completely unpredictable. I ordered some (Quadratec brand) flood lights last year. At the time, they were out of stock and expected by August. Ok, I can wait a few months; no biggy. It's been a year and they're still out of stock. I chatted Quadratec about 6 months ago and they told me they didn't know when they'd be available, but they had 400 sets on order from their manufacturer and 70 pre-orders, so I should get them pretty quickly after they get restocked. A couple moths after that, the non-flood version of that light came in stock, so i jumped on and orderred those instead and had them in hand in about 4 days. After a year, i still have the flood lights on back order. It says they're expected June 4th. I keep meaning to cancel the order.

TL;DR - In stock, pretty quick; out of stock, unpredicatble.

Sponsored

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well I ordered front and rear icon springs. They showed fronts in stock and rear from manufacturer. Icon sent me rears next day and now my fronts are just sitting "in shipping." Last time they did this was with the rear floor mats and it sat in shipping for a month even after they were back in stock. Seems it would have been better if the fronts came from icon as well as chat already told me my springs should have left the warehouse days ago.

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
That's exactly my line of work as well, and I wish that were true for us. We have oversight such as specification, quality control, that kind of thing. But if the resources and line time aren't there to make our stuff for the manufacturer, it just isn't happening. All that occurs are a lot of frustrating phone calls for both sides. We've been getting the hose a lot lately. No notice, just no production for you.

A lot of manufacturers over-committed, struggling to fill their lines up when there was no demand or limited demand during the pandemic. And now that demand is back, they don't have the line time to produce everything in a timely matter. Too many commitments, not enough production time available.

The bottlenecks are quite severe for us. Several months to get production for several items. All the contact with the factory in the world doesn't generate line time. Nor does all the money in the world. It just doesn't exist. Sure there's a contract, but if they have no line time, good luck enforcing it. Especially when they can just claim force majeure right now, and get away with it.

We are the contractor or the contracted for many products, so I'm seeing both sides. And both sides suck right now.
When companies switched from having an X number of days of supplies on hand to "Just in Time" manufacturing business model back in the 90's. No one hardly noticed the difference. Companies was saving money. Now that "Just in Time' business model is biting them in the ass big time.
Sponsored