Custom Rear Bumper Lights - Reverse, Brakes, and Turn Signals

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
I just finished up installing a set of Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pod lights in the rear bumper of the Gladiator replacing the stock reflectors. I used a set of 3d printed block off plates made by @snottthejeep on IG to mount the pods. Then I used a wiring harness from Putco to wire these lights in so that they work as red brake lights, red turn signals, and light up bright white in reverse! You can check out my full install video here:
https://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/media/images/image?format=raw&type=orig&id=10456

Rear Lights Cover Edit.jpg
Sponsored

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
Great idea, but fitment on that pod is eh.

I'm yet to see a light fixture fit, and give the kind of light output I'd be after to make this worthwhile. It's just a stupid sized opening. So i'll be keeping my block off plates, blank for now.

OP
OP
shockerracing

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
Great idea, but fitment on that pod is eh.

I'm yet to see a light fixture fit, and give the kind of light output I'd be after to make this worthwhile. It's just a stupid sized opening. So i'll be keeping my block off plates, blank for now.
Yeah, it's not perfect but the slight gap isn't super noticeable in person unless you really look.

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
Yeah, it's not perfect but the slight gap isn't super noticeable in person unless you really look.
I've got eyes like a hawk :CWL: Was the very first thing I spotted when I watched the video. A little OCD about things like that.

I definitely like that harness adapter you made tho! I'm not one for splicing into factory harnesses with those goofy taps and such. I'll have to pick one of those up for the future!

Stevecosta_

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You wouldn’t happen to know which wire on the putco harness is the running lights would you? I did this process on mine and i think I’m going to switch the backlights to run with the running lights
Sponsored