Sponsored

D&C Designs Side Marker

Vanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Okay. Products arrived. Product installed half way… but only because it got dark out lol. reaction….Do I wish for the price it came with standard wiring and some connectors and what not…. Absolutely. But it’s hard to do that since everyone installs them a little different to suite their needs, which is what I did.

9322C09D-3004-4E48-9919-AD41013697D0.jpeg

So what I did, was what they recommend. Wire the white to an AUX switch and amber to The turn signal. However, I also wanted the amber on an aux switch for constant on. AND I wanted to control each light individually, so I can only turn on the right light or just the left or both. This is so if at camp I wanted working light I have white light on the side I’m on and not bothering others or if I wanted just casual light to light up the ground amber would be used. So this ended up taking all 4 aux switches. (I haven’t used any aux switches for two years but I do plan on getting an 8 switch controller, just wanted to get these installed and see how they are until I get that controller, so don’t freak out people lol)

To do this is rather simple…

White light (White wire):
Drivers goes to Aux 1. Passenger goes to Aux 3. Done. Easy.

Amber light (Green wire):
You need to include a diode. I used this…

Diode CLICK HERE

The two inputs to the diode, one will be from Aux, and the other is from turn signal. Output goes to the light (Green wire).
So drivers side you have aux 2 to diode input. Turn signal tap to diode input. Diode output to new light.

repeat on passenger side but white light goes to Aux 3 and amber goes to Aux4.

81A9CA52-CC17-495F-80DB-56C7A9EAABDA.jpeg

drivers side turn signal tap.
FF12F3D6-5EA7-4531-BC9A-BC3A15BA868F.jpeg

81FB46CC-819D-4108-9476-12FC73C2FAEA.jpeg

video going thru the switches and turn signal.

Now. To really see if the work for this was necessary, I’ll be on the beach at night tomorrow and will take some pictures. I’m hoping the amber is bright enough to light the ground at camp. If it’s not…. Well that would suck and wasted some wire and everyone can ignore my post (minus the white lights being individually controlled cause that is nice) 😂

initial reaction on a street with street lights. These white lights are BRIGHT. (Can’t believe I didn’t take a picture of the ground with lights on :headbang:) it made the road look like it was daylight through my tints. Definitely worth the purchase. Just gotta determine what wiring set up works best for you and your needs.

more pictures to come. 👍🏼
Hey OVRLND_G8R,

I'll be installing mine almost exactly as you did, using diodes.

But instead of using 4 Aux switches, my plan is to use only two.

- Aux 1 for white light, both sides
- Aux 2 for turning amber on both sides.

Like the diagram below:

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker JL-LIGHTS-DIAGRAM

Do you see anything off ? My first time doing this kind of install and I'm basing it on your work.
Sponsored

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
Looks fair to me. Disclaimer, I don't actually have these lights. But I am following along.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OVRLND_G8R,

I'll be installing mine almost exactly as you did, using diodes.

But instead of using 4 Aux switches, my plan is to use only two.

- Aux 1 for white light, both sides
- Aux 2 for turning amber on both sides.

Like the diagram below:

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker JL-LIGHTS-DIAGRAM

Do you see anything off ? My first time doing this kind of install and I'm basing it on your work.
That would work fine. I don’t have my DC design lights setup like that, but I’m doing the same thing for my aux reverse lights. I have my DC design lights on the blinkers and white to aux 2. They work great. I didn’t need to turn the ambers on with a switch, and my aux switches were used up anyway. :) but it should work great.

ih800a

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator RLE, 1970 International Scout 800A
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the reply guys!
@Vanzano Your timing is impeccable! I'm planning to add these in the same configuration you've outlined and I'm expecting the lights to be delivered today.

Your thoughts on tapping (posi-tap or other method) into the harness? I've seen a few discussions about more complex (and possibly 'better') options.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Vanzano Your timing is impeccable! I'm planning to add these in the same configuration you've outlined and I'm expecting the lights to be delivered today.

Your thoughts on tapping (posi-tap or other method) into the harness? I've seen a few discussions about more complex (and possibly 'better') options.
I’d highly recommend against tapping. It just doesn’t hold up well. And I hate touching factory harnesses. I’d recommend a harness between the fender and truck. There’s a connection there. I got quadratec DRL harnesses, then did my splicing in their harness to access the blinker wire. That way all I did was put the harness in between with no permanent changes. Here are some pictures.

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker A5684A1D-E868-4362-800F-C4F1A541CC6D

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker D05E6C67-79F6-4082-B795-6FE05377F9CC

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 8B4C3C14-3D38-485B-88E6-B01277AC3327

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 6090AC2F-502E-4AA0-975C-BFAF226C8781

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker B4A35707-9B26-46C7-952D-87DE5527FE44

Vanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I’d highly recommend against tapping. It just doesn’t hold up well. And I hate touching factory harnesses. I’d recommend a harness between the fender and truck. There’s a connection there. I got quadratec DRL harnesses, then did my splicing in their harness to access the blinker wire. That way all I did was put the harness in between with no permanent changes. Here are some pictures.

That looks nice, for sure this may be the cleanest way possible to do this install. But it comes with a price tag on it, $60 bucks for two of them, they are sold out at this moment.

But I don't like taps as well, they eventually fail. On the other hand, if you know your way around soldering, you can definitely do a good job that will last forever. That's how I'll be doing mine.

Those are my two cents on this.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That looks nice, for sure this may be the cleanest way possible to do this install. But it comes with a price tag on it, $60 bucks for two of them, they are sold out at this moment.

But I don't like taps as well, they eventually fail. On the other hand, if you know your way around soldering, you can definitely do a good job that will last forever. That's how I'll be doing mine.

Those are my two cents on this.
You can totally solder the connection, and if that’s the only way, I’d recommend doing it within the fender wiring, so you don’t impact the main harness. The entire fender/liner assembly can be removed way easier than the liner by itself. Be sure to buy some of the white clips in advance, like a dozen at least for both sides. I’d also recommend setting it up with connectors so you can remove the fender. There is virtually no access or slack on the truck harness side.

Edit: I’ve seen harnesses also from Oracle, while I hate them, and one other company. It’ll come to me. But I’m spacing it at the moment.

ih800a

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I found the Quadratec DRL harnesses at VividRacing and they appear to be in stock.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I found the Quadratec DRL harnesses at VividRacing and they appear to be in stock.
Those make it super easy. If you can get a couple, here is a picture showing which wire is the blinker. Look for the purple sharpie marks. I think it’s the same picture I shared earlier. Just zoom in on the white wires. I just cut that one in between, and spliced in a wire to go to the green wire on the DC design lights.

2D476EFB-343B-4ECC-8CF8-074F294D9A3C.jpeg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

ih800a

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks very much for the recommendation for the product and install tips
I hope it helps. I “light up” inside every time I hit my unlock now. Since those blinkers are so cool. But I’m easy that way.

Vanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Mine finally arrived today. So I built this harness following my previous post, so I wanted to have the ability to turn the amber lights on

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 68116133-FE76-4EA5-B78D-F893204AAEB1

Quick test:
Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 60687178-795B-42F5-9955-A816BD03676E

Here is the final result:
Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 2D2436BC-5AB6-4D4F-AF28-AE3BB5F7DCF3

Jeep Gladiator D&C Designs Side Marker 70716F14-1B26-48C9-A9A8-4E3114F5EE37

overall it’s a great product! My only comment is at this price range it should include a harness, not a big deal since I could build mine. But still, at this price point it should have that.
Sponsored