Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Dealer to avoid: Schumacher Chrysler/Jeep in Delray Beach FL

I had a 7:30 AM appt today to have the steering wander issue looked at. A week ago I set up the appt. This is the dealer I bought the truck from.

I arrived at 7:30 on time for my appt. After explaining the issue to the service advisor, he got the valet to take me to my office a few miles away. All went well at this point, seemed like a very routine drop off. I was expecting them to drive it, per my instructions on how to get it to show symptoms, and call me a few hours later. They did not call, and did not call... it was 4:30 PM and I called to get a status, as I needed a ride so I could get to dealer to either get truck, or a loaner. Service advisor said their driver had left, and nobody could pick me up... boom went my attitude! The SA then told me the appt was only to drop off the truck, and they were hoping to get to it tomorrow sometime... anger going nuclear now! I got on phone with Service Manager, explained, and he got an Uber to pick me up. I got to dealership, went straight to SM told him who I was, and what issues are with truck, and the ineptitude of the service dept. He tried to say the wander was a ā€Jeep thingā€, I cut him off with explaining that my 2005 TJ with 130k miles tracked better than the truck, and in fact my only Jeep that steered as bad as this was a ā€˜79 Cherokee with 13 inch lift, on 44ā€™s. I explained that Iā€™ve owned 2 wagoneers, 2 Full size Cherokees, a YJ, an XJ, my wife has owned 4 wranglers before we met.... He realized I should know how a Jeep should drive. I told him that the two reasons he had my truck for service, was this is where it was bought, and he is close to my work.

Not going there again for anything...

/rant
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Good luck with that... sounds like you need to find a new dealer! My brother in law lives in del ray beach, Iā€™ll make sure to share w him!

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer to avoid: Schumacher Chrysler/Jeep in Delray Beach FL

I had a 7:30 AM appt today to have the steering wander issue looked at. A week ago I set up the appt. This is the dealer I bought the truck from.

I arrived at 7:30 on time for my appt. After explaining the issue to the service advisor, he got the valet to take me to my office a few miles away. All went well at this point, seemed like a very routine drop off. I was expecting them to drive it, per my instructions on how to get it to show symptoms, and call me a few hours later. They did not call, and did not call... it was 4:30 PM and I called to get a status, as I needed a ride so I could get to dealer to either get truck, or a loaner. Service advisor said their driver had left, and nobody could pick me up... boom went my attitude! The SA then told me the appt was only to drop off the truck, and they were hoping to get to it tomorrow sometime... anger going nuclear now! I got on phone with Service Manager, explained, and he got an Uber to pick me up. I got to dealership, went straight to SM told him who I was, and what issues are with truck, and the ineptitude of the service dept. He tried to say the wander was a ā€Jeep thingā€, I cut him off with explaining that my 2005 TJ with 130k miles tracked better than the truck, and in fact my only Jeep that steered as bad as this was a ā€˜79 Cherokee with 13 inch lift, on 44ā€™s. I explained that Iā€™ve owned 2 wagoneers, 2 Full size Cherokees, a YJ, an XJ, my wife has owned 4 wranglers before we met.... He realized I should know how a Jeep should drive. I told him that the two reasons he had my truck for service, was this is where it was bought, and he is close to my work.

Not going there again for anything...

/rant
WOW! Seriously, an appointment to "drop it off" thinking they'd not get to it until "hopefully tomorrow" - are they serious?
No one should ever have you drop a vehicle off unless they plan on working on it that day. GRANTED, as a former mechanic myself - who still has a shop and does small restorations, I know damned well that "stuff happens" and the project that should have been done two days ago is still causing pains - but still, that's crazy.
I'm so sick of hearing "it's a Jeep thing" when talking about steering. There's ZERO reason a straight axle vehicle should have any steering issues. Ride, cornering, and the impact of bumps and curves on steering, yes, but not going down a straight road - nope, no way. I've had farm trucks with true straight axles with king pins go straight down a highway with no wander.
These are modern systems, these are designed and made with technology, these aren't your 1960's Jeeps.
These dealer shops that insist otherwise don't understand steering geometry and settings. How the hell can they wear the patches of a trained ASE certified tech?

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
I was forced to use them on an AEV recall as they were closest to me in South Florida. It was very inconvenient for me. I explained I really needed the truck back when promised as it is a work horse used to tow very heavy boats.

Truck was a day and half late with all the excuses, when I arrived to pick it up it took over 30 mins to get it brought to the service lane. It was recall/warranty there was no bill. I was told to get a good survey he wanted to give me back a repaired and clean/washed truck. It was a Sat and place was dead. I was told the wash bay was backed up.

Truck pulls up, not washed and had a door ding that was so obvious I noticed it immediately. I showed service advisor and he said there was no way that happened there. I showed him that the fine layer or dirt where the ding was located was not consistent with the rest of the dirty truck so it clearly happened there.

I got in my truck and left, never to return either.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
People need to print out a copy of the TSB and just shut down their nonsense of having to verify the complaint. That is not how it is worded as a pre-qualifier that the dealer has to verify the issue, just if the customer states the issue.

Sadly, bad dealers never feel the pain of bad customer service so long as they make monthly sales targets. To many new rubes coming off the streets everyday replacing the customers they loose from shoddy work or bad customer service.

Sponsored

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
In my experience, every south Florida dealership is just down right AWFUL. I can't stand the awful attitudes that every service and sales department has. They all act as if their sh*t don't stink. I have an appointment with Arrigo to investigate a hissing noise upon acceleration on Monday and I am straight up dreading it, knowing that I will be getting the runaround at some point. It is a shame that we have to be subjected to such awful customer service. Every vehicle I've bought in the last 3-4 years have come from north Florida, Tampa-Gainseville area because they are the only ones willing to deal. Dealerships here in south Florida are crooks.

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Not impressed wit my local dealership either. Made an appointment on a Sunday using their online assistant for Tuesday. Called the day before to verify and inquire about a loaner. Said no appointment existed, and no loaner available. Took another week to get an appointment. Again no loaner available - Uber or bring your own ride. Really - $60k vehicle and no loaners? First day they did nothing, second day they fixed one thing, two more days to not be able to reproduce issue. So, 4 days to fix one thing and not be able to reproduce the other issues, no loaner, NOT Impressed! Our other vehicle is Subaru - almost all repairs done the same day, always a loaner - usually nicer than what I brought in. Mopar seems to be fine with the Uber system and no loaners? Step it up Mopar...Jeep Cares???

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I wasnā€™t impressed with my local dealerships. One of them I refused to go back to due to their service department. The other I had issues with the sales department. I ended up driving an hour away to order my Gladiator from a small family-owned dealership.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Newb here but on my last Jeep JK, I found that Arrigo Sawgrass was EXCELLENT when I came in for service. Might be a trek from Delray but it was for me in Pines, as well.
Who was your SA?
Thankfully i'm problem free for now and do all my oil changes/wrenching. But we all need to go to the doctor at some point[the same holds true for these trucks]. I bought at arrigo and was less than pleased with their sales tactics and typical dealer BS. I would have bought from Gupton but only heard bout them a week after I bought. ;(

Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I wasnā€™t impressed with my local dealerships. One of them I refused to go back to due to their service department. The other I had issues with the sales department. I ended up driving an hour away to order my Gladiator from a small family-owned dealership.
Same here. The local Orlando/Kissimmee dealers suck although I find Greenway (45 mins away) to be pretty good with service so far, thankfully. I've learned with Jeep travel to find a better dealership is needed. lol

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Who was your SA?
Thankfully i'm problem free for now and do all my oil changes/wrenching. But we all need to go to the doctor at some point[the same holds true for these trucks]. I bought at arrigo and was less than pleased with their sales tactics and typical dealer BS. I would have bought from Gupton but only heard bout them a week after I bought. ;(

Ugh! It's been a couple of years. Robert Greenberg! Just remembered! I'd roll up on 37's fresh from Ocala and get something looked at, no issues.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Ugh! It's been a couple of years. Robert Greenberg! Just remembered! I'd roll up on 37's fresh from Ocala and get something looked at, no issues.
They're under new ownership. So Im sure everything is going down hill. The sales experience was garbage.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not impressed wit my local dealership either. Made an appointment on a Sunday using their online assistant for Tuesday. Called the day before to verify and inquire about a loaner. Said no appointment existed, and no loaner available. Took another week to get an appointment. Again no loaner available - Uber or bring your own ride. Really - $60k vehicle and no loaners? First day they did nothing, second day they fixed one thing, two more days to not be able to reproduce issue. So, 4 days to fix one thing and not be able to reproduce the other issues, no loaner, NOT Impressed! Our other vehicle is Subaru - almost all repairs done the same day, always a loaner - usually nicer than what I brought in. Mopar seems to be fine with the Uber system and no loaners? Step it up Mopar...Jeep Cares???
Unless you bought an extended MOPAR warranty, loaners or rental reimbursement is not a guarantee. Been that way for years.
Sponsored