Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Your adds on the mobile platform suck.

Totally invasive, totally irritating, poorly executed, did I mention invasive ? Way too "IN YOUR FACE !!!!!!!".

They are so irritating that I now use the forum less unless I can get to my PC with a regular browser where you are either blocked or don't advertise.

And what marketing research firm told you that jeep gladiator owners like mint leaves ? Huh ?

In any event, because your ads do little more than hamper my leisurely reading I can assure you I will never buy your junk.

Not that I would have anyways because again, who wants mint leaves. Maybe in my mojito.

Please dial it back a bit. Regular adds are fine. I don't need my entire screen invaded.

Now, back to jeep talk.
Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke up years ago on a jk forum about this same thing. I got flamed on, accused of being too dumb to understand the Internet nor the advertising concepts. They never addressed the usability issues and I did quit visiting the site. I don’t do websites like this but do work with software. Human Factors for usability is always a key concern.

The constant ad changes that force “responsive” page layout adjustments is a drag. PITA that soon makes it not worthwhile. Each day, my Gladiator is less new and the fresh ideas are tapering off. Diminishing ROI.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Won't help much if you're not at home, but for less than $50 all in you can set up a PiHole on your home network. It varies depending on what you're doing, but it cuts down data throughput by as much as ~25% by diverting all traffic from ad servers to nowhere where they never actually load. As a bonus, it doesn't show up as an adblocker on any of the sites that care about such things.

OP
OP
MrZappo

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
That is a great idea.

Doesn't help me when I'm not home though. But any little bit helps.

I don't like any adds but understand that they support the site. So I respect the need for them.

The general mint add takes irritation to a whole new level though. Way over the top.

When you do silly crap like that, you just piss people off and create evangelists that rail against you.

Like me.

Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Pihole (along with pivpn when I'm not at home) is the only way I can stand to be on this site. That shit is annoying

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Firefox with AdBlock Plus on the laptop, and Firefox with the Ghostery extension on the phone. I still see some ads, but they are at the side or bottom of the page, and don't interfere with reading the forum.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
The mint adds lock my screen until they eventually go away.
That mint add locks me out on mobile and I literally have to refresh the page to get crap to work. What pisses me off more is when I refresh it and surprise that mint add pops back up.

OP
OP
MrZappo

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You know who should really be upset are all the other advertisers who pay to be on this site ...

We don't see nearly as many of their adds when we stop reading the forum every time that infernal general mint add runs in the mobile platform.

Other advertisers, what do you think about this ? Might want to complain to management.

Again, the general mint adds are an invasive mess. Totally ruin the experience and drive users AWAY !

Please stop jamming your mint leaves that no one wants down everyone's throats.

OP
OP
MrZappo

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Ok, so I haven't seen that infernal obtrusive unwelcome mint add in a week or so now.

A good sign.

If the forum management removed it, thanks. If the advertiser removed it, thanks.

If no one did anything, than thank you forum gods for my good luck as of late.
Sponsored