Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
You bought a Jeep with a 7" Touchscreen? Was this a used Jeep? are you looking at the current year website features and have an older model?

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
So you bought a $50,000 vehicle based on a web brochure and a whim, and then are unhappy? Did you think it was going to come with a hard top, soft top and sunrider top too? Because it pictures all 3. It also shows bedliner and no bedliner, soft tonneau cover, hard cover, and no cover. What did you think you were getting there? I'm guessing you also were expecting Max Tow towing capacity combined with Sport payload capacity? It also depicts a bunch of different exterior colors, were you expecting a dial to magically change colors, or did you think it worked like those mood rings from the 70s?

If you had done just a tiny bit more clicking, and checked the specs and or options for the model you bought, you would know what it really did or didn't come with. To blame Jeep because you didn't know every vehicle built doesn't come loaded to the gills with every offered option is a stretch.

Would I have liked to be able to lay in bed and say "Alexa, start my Jeep"? Sure, but the way I optioned mine, that would have added like $2000 and whatever the yearly fee is to my costs, and that wasnt worth it to me considering the remote fob start was already included in my packages.

Besides, you bought a vehicle that is not the best at anything, but does MORE than anything else out there. Enjoy it for what it is.

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
walter-4.png

<rant>
So if you just look at the Gladiator page off of Jeep's website, it talks about Uconnect vehicles being able to do the remote features (find, lock, unlock, remote start). NO WHERE here does it talk about this fine print crap of Uconnect 4 vs 4C, only "3 Different Uconnects for you!" mumbo. So, I went ahead and purchased a vehicle that had the 7" touch screen with Uconnect and now (no thanks to any dealer personnel or online help) I discovered this isn't the magic 4C you need, only the 4. Maybe I'm officially entering "grumpy old man"-ville, but this just sticks in my craw. And, more so, that I had to figure it out on my own. As of this post, I have a service appointment for tomorrow, to get it activated (which I'll be cancelling).
</rant>
I don't know what the distinction is, but no matter what it does, It's not worth $200+ a year or whatever. I was frankly surprised at how little it did. 80% marketing gimmick. The tech industry will turn EVERYTHING into a subscription service, given enough time.

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
You bought a Jeep with a 7" Touchscreen? Was this a used Jeep? are you looking at the current year website features and have an older model?
'22 comes with 7". It's the 5.4" (or whatever) that was retired.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how the surveys work. Dealer asked me if there was any reason I wasn't going to give them 5 stars. I said "besides you making me wait for over 2 hours for our scheduled appointment, dirty jeep with a crushed in front bumper?" Never did receive that survey...
I have always received a survey - until the last visit when they told me "ABS doesn't function under 35 mph, that's normal" and "it's likely due to all the stuff you have connected causing a draw on the batteries" when it was my winch ground cable, and they moved it from one ground post to another (on the same cable!!!) to "fix" the draw and I argued with them that a winch with a cutoff switch can't draw anything any more than the lamp in your bedroom does when you turn the switch off.
No survey LOL
Too bad, I'd have really told them what a fool the tech was and that he needed to go to school and take "basic electricity 101" classes.
Seriously? Moving a winch ground cable from one ground post to another will fix a draw - with that big red cutoff switch sitting right next to the cable ya moved?
Did he even TEST for parasitic draw? OR did he see a cable there and didn't figure out what it was for and assumed?
People like that are one reason I quit, got out of that field. I couldn't handle dealing with that sort of thing in the next bay.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love having alexa start my truck remotely everyday at 7 am
My wife loves using Alexa - what all was involved in setting that up - assuming you actually did it.....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So you bought a $50,000 vehicle based on a web brochure and a whim, and then are unhappy? Did you think it was going to come with a hard top, soft top and sunrider top too? Because it pictures all 3. It also shows bedliner and no bedliner, soft tonneau cover, hard cover, and no cover. What did you think you were getting there? I'm guessing you also were expecting Max Tow towing capacity combined with Sport payload capacity? It also depicts a bunch of different exterior colors, were you expecting a dial to magically change colors, or did you think it worked like those mood rings from the 70s?

If you had done just a tiny bit more clicking, and checked the specs and or options for the model you bought, you would know what it really did or didn't come with. To blame Jeep because you didn't know every vehicle built doesn't come loaded to the gills with every offered option is a stretch.

Would I have liked to be able to lay in bed and say "Alexa, start my Jeep"? Sure, but the way I optioned mine, that would have added like $2000 and whatever the yearly fee is to my costs, and that wasnt worth it to me considering the remote fob start was already included in my packages.

Besides, you bought a vehicle that is not the best at anything, but does MORE than anything else out there. Enjoy it for what it is.
These are a Swiss Army Knife, IMO - indispensable when you find yourself lost in the wilds of CO or AZ but it's not the top for a lot of things like towing or racing (have to be careful, it is, IMO, the best for off-road) It will do a whole lot of things, some of them extremely well, but it can't replace a full set of SnapOn tools.

Like I said before - when I browse the site, even Ford or GM sites, I see the word "with available" and think "it doesn't say included, it says available - so I must have to ask for it)

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
Gotta do your own research nowadays. Can't trust the dealer for anything. Make sure to appropriately review them when you get your survey. Also doesn't hurt to tell the dealer you are doing it and why as well before hand. Really that survey response is the only thing the dealers really care about.
Survey, don't get me started on that GD survey. The dealer wouldn't leave me alone about completing that survey as it is very important to them, blah, blah, blah. I kept telling them I never received their damn survey and had checked my email to be certain I never received the survey. They hounded me and hounded me about the survey. The idiots sent it to someone elses email address.

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
I think the options you're looking for also require the awful Sirius subscription. They're pushy as h3ll.

Sponsored

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
I think people can cut the guy a little slack here. He isn’t saying he is missing the bed liner. It’s radio functionality which requires some configuration and setup to see working.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think the options you're looking for also require the awful Sirius subscription. They're pushy as h3ll.
LOL - use that to your advantage. My son has had his subscriptions for years - except for a few days in between where he lets it lapse then he waits for them to finally give him their best deal and goes back in. He's never paid full price for anything. He's an expert at balancing and juggling. (sort of funny, he has an almost maxed out credit rating and loves to take advantage of the credit card companies, too)
I use their pushiness to my advantage as well - they'll finally beg me back for a half price or better deal.
As far as a NEW vehicle - it will come with that so no, on a new vehicle you have that as part of the package to get you hooked. You get to like it and maybe don't want to give it up. Bill Gates did that, too, by including Mickysoft office on new computers - ah, but you paid through the nose to update later. Give it away, like giving away free uppers, get 'em hooked and they can't do without.

Anywho, the OP should have a free trial period if he had bought a Jeep with that ability.
Mine worked fine for a couple of years and then they begged me back and I got a half price deal and a couple months thrown in or something like that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think people can cut the guy a little slack here. He isn’t saying he is missing the bed liner. It’s radio functionality which requires some configuration and setup to see working.
All he needs is the phone app if it's the remote start, lock, unlock, and reports.
Actually, I got the reports anyway - all I had to do was download, install and setup the app on my phone and I could be sitting in church and my wife would ask -did you remember to lock the truck? and I'd launch the app on my phone and press lock - done.

The reports you get - the remote features require the app.
There is no setup at all in or on the truck to do.
The radio doesn't need any setup or configuration other than to decide if when he presses the unlock button on the fob does he want one door to unlock, or all doors, that sort of thing.
Otherwise, it's already set up to work.

If it's the large radio, download the uconnect app and configure it - it requires tough security - mine is set up to function only with my fingerprint. (and I'm in trouble if I ever lose that finger because my phone is extremely specific, it won't accept any other finger!)

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I love having alexa start my truck remotely everyday at 7 am
My wife loves using Alexa - what all was involved in setting that up - assuming you actually did it.....
Alexa has never once worked for me on my challenger or my Jeep to start it. I’m not sure if it’s because my garage has horrible reception for the car or what. Just doesn’t work.

You have to add the Jeep Uconnect skill on the Alexa app.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
All he needs is the phone app if it's the remote start, lock, unlock, and reports.
Actually, I got the reports anyway - all I had to do was download, install and setup the app on my phone and I could be sitting in church and my wife would ask -did you remember to lock the truck? and I'd launch the app on my phone and press lock - done.

The reports you get - the remote features require the app.
There is no setup at all in or on the truck to do.
The radio doesn't need any setup or configuration other than to decide if when he presses the unlock button on the fob does he want one door to unlock, or all doors, that sort of thing.
Otherwise, it's already set up to work.

If it's the large radio, download the uconnect app and configure it - it requires tough security - mine is set up to function only with my fingerprint. (and I'm in trouble if I ever lose that finger because my phone is extremely specific, it won't accept any other finger!)
All unreasonable to expect a customer shopping for a vehicle to do before purchasing, if possible at all. Had a Ford with similar functionality as well. They create your account and tie it to your vin in order for those functions to be testable.
Sponsored