Sponsored

Decked storage system installed

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Ok I was a little harsh with my opinion of Decked until I got to know it a little better. It is still too small to work for my family if we travel BUT it is a near perfect solution for leaving the top off 24/7. When my Mopar cab cover came in I took my top off and stashed it in the enclosed trailer. Problem with that is I work in downtown Nashville and a Jeep sitting there with no top is going to be just too tempting for low character individuals to resist. The Decked is a perfect solution, throw anything of value in a drawer and hit the lock button on my remote to lock the tailgate and too bad thief not today. I will most likely pull it out once the weather turns cold and store it in the enclosed trailer so that my truck has a bed.
Glad to hear that you found a good use for it. We know that every customer has different needs and that the DECKED system will not always work for every situation, but we also know that it does work for a lot of folks and scenarios. Thanks for taking the time to figure out how it will work for you.
Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually finding myself going away from the decked now, unfortunately. What I really want is the following:
1. A locking, waterproof bed cover to protect family travel luggage in the bed.
2. The ability to put a ski rack in the bed that doesn't impact the rear view, ideally able to switch out for a rack that can carry extra cargo if necessary and may block the rear view.

This would enable me to leverage the gladiator for the week-long or long weekend trips. Plus it would enable me to use it for summer diving trips as well

I was thinking about Decked to serve this purpose, but the inability to store 4 of the default luggage size (14x22x9) units in the decked is a dealbreaker.

At this point, I think there's an interesting solution with a bed-top cargo box that creates a waterproof seal, has rack mounting points, and I can mount the skis on the sides of the bed w/o impacting rear view. Or even toss the skis on top and secure them from sliding around.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm actually finding myself going away from the decked now, unfortunately. What I really want is the following:
2. The ability to put a ski rack in the bed that doesn't impact the rear view, ideally able to switch out for a rack that can carry extra cargo if necessary and may block the rear view.

This would enable me to leverage the gladiator for the week-long or long weekend trips. Plus it would enable me to use it for summer diving trips as well

I was thinking about Decked to serve this purpose, but the inability to store 4 of the default luggage size (14x22x9) units in the decked is a dealbreaker.

At this point, I think there's an interesting solution with a bed-top cargo box that creates a waterproof seal, has rack mounting points, and I can mount the skis on the sides of the bed w/o impacting rear view. Or even toss the skis on top and secure them from sliding around.
What about a diamondback cover...there are several options to haul stuff on top of it as well...

https://diamondbackcovers.com/products/diamondback-se-jeep?variant=29215496700003

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

I am looking for the exact same thing. Let me know please when you go figure it out. Closest I came so far is the TruckUSA retractable cover with crossbars. Also thought about the decked with a cap but that doesn't really work with the hard top removed.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Seems the default solution is consistent. The Diamondback SE or HD has the best set up, most easily removable if needs be, and fits a ski rack on top. Since the JT showed up I've noticed it barely clears the garage door opener, so a roof rack there is a challenging proposition.

I'll probably add a full height rack to the parts warehouse eventually.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Seems the default solution is consistent. The Diamondback SE or HD has the best set up, most easily removable if needs be, and fits a ski rack on top. Since the JT showed up I've noticed it barely clears the garage door opener, so a roof rack there is a challenging proposition.

I'll probably add a full height rack to the parts warehouse eventually.
So far I like my Upper Decker. I’ve ordered the tent mounts to use for cross rails. It is easy to remove if needed. I’m probably going to sell the Decked System in the spring. I can reach anything in the bed from the sides so want to have the extra bed space.
1C4942D6-2C9E-41DB-A242-B0DFAE331013.jpeg
AEF86B3F-F90B-4CEE-89D4-896DDAC09F79.jpeg
699F6F6B-056F-4569-BF13-1A3FFFE1BC9E.jpeg
Sponsored