|dev|urandom

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Hey OP I am originally from Scumbury also! There had been a lot of mining exploration that has closed of some of the great access north of Hanmer. I get back there once in a while also. It really is a beautiful area with endless lakes and rivers to enjoy.

Advertisement

OP
davetha

davetha

Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Hey OP I am originally from Scumbury also! There had been a lot of mining exploration that has closed of some of the great access north of Hanmer. I get back there once in a while also. It really is a beautiful area with endless lakes and rivers to enjoy.
Yeah I heard about a few closures, but there are areas a few hours away opening and moving forward.

I lived in the South end. Where abouts were you?

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
OP that's a thing of awesomeness. Love the name.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Yeah I heard about a few closures, but there are areas a few hours away opening and moving forward.

I lived in the South end. Where abouts were you?
I miss the access to the old hydro line, there were some good spots up there. Next time you're up there a nice really long day trip up ishpatina ridge (the highest point of elevation in Ontario) is always a good go if you're looking for a good ride/hike/run/canoe sort of day.

I grew up in the valley then when I moved back for a while I was in the south end down past the jail heading towards Toronto. Gonna be there next week for a visit before heading to Florida!

JP1

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE Billet Silver Metallic
Build Thread
Link
1. Looking pretty damn good!
2. Have you gotten to a good road pressure yet on the 39s?
I'm still fiddling, down to 26 today and wondering if I went too far or keep dropping.
I know, chalk test, just too lazy to run down to the dollar store for chalk.

OP
davetha

davetha

Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
1. Looking pretty damn good!
2. Have you gotten to a good road pressure yet on the 39s?
I'm still fiddling, down to 26 today and wondering if I went too far or keep dropping.
I know, chalk test, just too lazy to run down to the dollar store for chalk.
We're close PSI wise. I'm sitting at 27. Btw, what gears are you using w/ the 39s? I'm running 5.13s and almost think 5.38 would have been a tad better.

JP1

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE Billet Silver Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!
Realize that I'm a on-road poser (except for our little storms) and there's no hills here.
I geared solely for the hwy gearing and went 4.88s.

OP
davetha

davetha

Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Thanks!
Realize that I'm a on-road poser (except for our little storms) and there's no hills here.
I geared solely for the hwy gearing and went 4.88s.
Ah ok. Yeah, I was mostly just mentioning it in case you haven't made the change yet. I would have given you my 2 days worth of driving a grand total of like 50 miles opinion LOL

Reactions: JP1
OP
davetha

davetha

Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
I would have probably tried to head out to Marble Falls this weekend, but I don't have a front drive shaft right now. The one I ordered was damaged in shipping.

I guess I'll give an update on a couple more small suspension parts I have on order, and why. The puck bumpstops that metalcloak provide in the kit are great for the most part. However at full bump on an RTI ramp, the pucks get extremely angled, and the more you use the worst it gets.

3 pucks works, except the tire rubs at the front clip of the fender. Adding a 4th puck was only marginally better, but the contact patch was reduced, and it just looks bad. Granted this should only happen in extreme circumstances.

So what I have on order is a Teraflex bumpstop extension kit for a JK https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CISYJC and some MetalCloak DuroSpring (bumps) https://metalcloak.com/durospring-replacement-jounce-bumper-jeep-jk-jl.html

I wan't to try removing a puck or two and trying a combination of the Teraflex extension kit, which extends the bump from the top vs the bottom. The DuroSpring apparently is around 1/4inch extended over the stock rubber bump bushing too. There other other options too, some fender trimming, air bumps might help etc..

Here are a few pictures

IfAieymcZMWsC6lds0LNpc6k7nCLyq_slr1xbRHSvchUTnHf4nvIOfbOO9dtMIc3VNRywPuhoy8zVh2Int2=w526-h701-no.jpg

W2Lv_t0ZJiF0kWrD-n1jlq7JoGg56b2QjkwIZR4PXcB0Owre0GDHClFHmUOH0PxFnZ0tpuzzQgXaKXLYgDr=w526-h701-no.jpg

The tire grazes that hard plastic piece, when the wheel is turned it sort of pops it.
IgBKtszqFxFR7h2ouTGNNXycFgu3xjUFfnMf5wjEykOJyUnddmTcAcricc0zV9VAJp1qq1zcZ58kkt48S3F=w526-h701-no.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement