|dev|urandom

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Hey OP I am originally from Scumbury also! There had been a lot of mining exploration that has closed of some of the great access north of Hanmer. I get back there once in a while also. It really is a beautiful area with endless lakes and rivers to enjoy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey OP I am originally from Scumbury also! There had been a lot of mining exploration that has closed of some of the great access north of Hanmer. I get back there once in a while also. It really is a beautiful area with endless lakes and rivers to enjoy.
Yeah I heard about a few closures, but there are areas a few hours away opening and moving forward.

I lived in the South end. Where abouts were you?

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
OP that's a thing of awesomeness. Love the name.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Yeah I heard about a few closures, but there are areas a few hours away opening and moving forward.

I lived in the South end. Where abouts were you?
I miss the access to the old hydro line, there were some good spots up there. Next time you're up there a nice really long day trip up ishpatina ridge (the highest point of elevation in Ontario) is always a good go if you're looking for a good ride/hike/run/canoe sort of day.

I grew up in the valley then when I moved back for a while I was in the south end down past the jail heading towards Toronto. Gonna be there next week for a visit before heading to Florida!

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
1. Looking pretty damn good!
2. Have you gotten to a good road pressure yet on the 39s?
I'm still fiddling, down to 26 today and wondering if I went too far or keep dropping.
I know, chalk test, just too lazy to run down to the dollar store for chalk.

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
1. Looking pretty damn good!
2. Have you gotten to a good road pressure yet on the 39s?
I'm still fiddling, down to 26 today and wondering if I went too far or keep dropping.
I know, chalk test, just too lazy to run down to the dollar store for chalk.
We're close PSI wise. I'm sitting at 27. Btw, what gears are you using w/ the 39s? I'm running 5.13s and almost think 5.38 would have been a tad better.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!
Realize that I'm a on-road poser (except for our little storms) and there's no hills here.
I geared solely for the hwy gearing and went 4.88s.

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!
Realize that I'm a on-road poser (except for our little storms) and there's no hills here.
I geared solely for the hwy gearing and went 4.88s.
Ah ok. Yeah, I was mostly just mentioning it in case you haven't made the change yet. I would have given you my 2 days worth of driving a grand total of like 50 miles opinion LOL

Reactions: JP1
OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I would have probably tried to head out to Marble Falls this weekend, but I don't have a front drive shaft right now. The one I ordered was damaged in shipping.

I guess I'll give an update on a couple more small suspension parts I have on order, and why. The puck bumpstops that metalcloak provide in the kit are great for the most part. However at full bump on an RTI ramp, the pucks get extremely angled, and the more you use the worst it gets.

3 pucks works, except the tire rubs at the front clip of the fender. Adding a 4th puck was only marginally better, but the contact patch was reduced, and it just looks bad. Granted this should only happen in extreme circumstances.

So what I have on order is a Teraflex bumpstop extension kit for a JK https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CISYJC and some MetalCloak DuroSpring (bumps) https://metalcloak.com/durospring-replacement-jounce-bumper-jeep-jk-jl.html

I wan't to try removing a puck or two and trying a combination of the Teraflex extension kit, which extends the bump from the top vs the bottom. The DuroSpring apparently is around 1/4inch extended over the stock rubber bump bushing too. There other other options too, some fender trimming, air bumps might help etc..

Here are a few pictures

IfAieymcZMWsC6lds0LNpc6k7nCLyq_slr1xbRHSvchUTnHf4nvIOfbOO9dtMIc3VNRywPuhoy8zVh2Int2=w526-h701-no.jpg

W2Lv_t0ZJiF0kWrD-n1jlq7JoGg56b2QjkwIZR4PXcB0Owre0GDHClFHmUOH0PxFnZ0tpuzzQgXaKXLYgDr=w526-h701-no.jpg

The tire grazes that hard plastic piece, when the wheel is turned it sort of pops it.
IgBKtszqFxFR7h2ouTGNNXycFgu3xjUFfnMf5wjEykOJyUnddmTcAcricc0zV9VAJp1qq1zcZ58kkt48S3F=w526-h701-no.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I haven't posted in a while. I've done a couple of smaller upgrades since the original build. Due to the wheel base and the rear lower control arms (frame side) hanging down, it became very apparent they needed skid plates.

I also purchased a hitch skid plate which has been very well used on ledges and steep inclines. ( https://www.skidmark4x4.com/ )

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom Screenshot from 2021-05-31 22-39-16

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom 2EE3BD9E-F6AD-4B43-B886-8439FC117B09

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom 70D360B2-B9A0-432B-A83E-5083D80805EF

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom 20210529_135927

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I haven't updated in a while. I've done a couple of upgrades.

- Dana Ultimate 60's Front and Rear w/ 5.38s and E-Lockers
- Swapped out my springs to Rock KrawlerTeraflex 4.5's
- Swapped out shocks to Rock Krawler RRD 2.25 shocks
- Added lower control arm skid plates at the rear frame mounts as they were the #1 area making contact.
- Swapped out tie rock and drag link to Yeti XD's
- The wheels of course had to be swapped for the 8 lug pattern. I went with Dirty Life DT-1s in Satin Gold.

Some of these choices were decided due to some parts being back ordered for months.

We did a bit of a shake down run over the weekend.

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I ended up going with RedNeck Ram for Hydro assist steering. Getting rid of the aluminum steering box. It has always been pretty sloppy.

PXL_20220820_041051123.jpg

PXL_20220818_193956875.jpg

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I ended up working on getting the new box and hydro assist up and running thos weekend.

For now I ended up mounting it to my old steering stabilizer mount. It's not perfect since the ram isn't 100% parallel, but it's pretty close.

I feel like the hose closest to the passenger side is a little short, but it's the ram is moved to it's final placement we'll see.

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom PXL_20220827_213234730

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom PXL_20220828_183414441

Jeep Gladiator |dev|urandom PXL_20220828_145134747
Sponsored