Sponsored

Did you remove your side fender vents?

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
So I pried off my black plastic side fender vents in order to paint them to match the Jeep. In order to remove the vents, I had to break the three white push pin clips that secure the vent to the side of the JT. Now I can't find where to buy new tiny little white clips/push pin thingys in order to securely re-attach the side fender vents.

Anyone else remove their vents? How did you re-attach them? (attached photo is to show what I'm talking about when I say, "fender vent).

fender vent.jpg
Sponsored

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
yep I sure did. i didn't break any clips. I took it slow and used two tools at the same time to take them off. of course if I did break it, I really didn't care. i purchased a new pair already painted.
Jeep Gladiator Did you remove your side fender vents? IMG_0511

OP
OP
CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep I sure did. i didn't break any clips. I took it slow and used two tools at the same time to take them off. of course if I did break it, I really didn't care. i purchased a new pair already painted.
Jeep Gladiator Did you remove your side fender vents? IMG_0511
Did your new ones come with new push pins? Your vents look AWESOME, BTW.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These.
I think they come with the new vent and may not be available separately.
Message Benny @AllMoparParts.com to confirm.

Jeep Gladiator Did you remove your side fender vents? rivets

Source video
YES! Those look like it! I do know I ca order two new entire fender vents just to get the six total needed clips, but I suspect Jeep didn't invent a new clip just for the vents, and must use it elsewhere. Benny has already been contacted and is looking into it! Thank you - and I love your vids and Scrambler inspired Glad! Great job modding it!

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
Did your new ones come with new push pins? Your vents look AWESOME, BTW.

Yes sir they did if I remember correctly. I couldn't even come close to painting them this good and was well worth it. slowly getting rid of all the black plastic that will fade over time.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Jeep Gladiator Did you remove your side fender vents? rivets
Where did you buy them painted?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
OP
OP
CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The CLIPTASTROPHE appears to be over!! The fine gentlemen at a company called, 'Distinction Applied' have sent me the correct clips in the mail. Distinction Applied sells custom-colored Jeep parts for Wranglers and JTs. I cannot thank them enough for caring about a fellow Jeeper's project, reaching out, and mailing me the clips for only the cost of shipping.

I am eager to do business with the company knowing what kind of guys are running it. Link here: https://www.distinctionapplied.com/

I also owe a 'thank you' to Benny at @AllMoparParts.com for responding, exchanging multiple messages, and trying to locate the clips.

Sometimes we get caught up complaining about bad customer service by companies and forget to count our blessings that people like Benny and the guys at Distinction Applied are part of the Jeep community for the same reasons we are. And that makes them friends as much as employees of businesses. I appreciate them.

And I also appreciate each of you on this forum who chimed in with suggestions on finding the correct part. I love this forum!

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
I know you found them but most dealerships have the parts in stock, i shredded a bolt or two, went down to dealer and they had the in stock
Sponsored