First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Looks like we both had a similar concept when building our Jeeps.

The trails I run around here are not as wide open and rock strewn which has afforded me the option of adjustable shocks. My trail runner is also my daily work truck so I appreciate the highway manners I can dial in.

It would be interesting to compare those fancy triple bypasses with a spin though. Hit me up if your jeep ever wants to go visit Mickey's East Coast pad!
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I probably will never encounter the wide open trail as in anything over 20-30 mph. I just like cruising. So I have no need for triple bypass shocks or even any sort of bypass. As far as the cooler goes. I've got an iceco VL60D which is fantastic. Plugged into my trucks inverter when I did use it. Precooled it moved it to the truck. Kept everything frozen on one side and cooled on the other side. For an entire weekend with just a few driving miles per day to run it. It was kind of a test run. But it works great.

OP
OP

Hdog911

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Occupation
Clerk
Looks like we both had a similar concept when building our Jeeps.

The trails I run around here are not as wide open and rock strewn which has afforded me the option of adjustable shocks. My trail runner is also my daily work truck so I appreciate the highway manners I can dial in.

It would be interesting to compare those fancy triple bypasses with a spin though. Hit me up if your jeep ever wants to go visit Mickey's East Coast pad!
Thanks man that would be quite the adventure and a crazy drive. But might be interested I'll have to look into it. I can't imagine driving this thing across the country. Yeah it's almost an all in one rig, can go fast offroad and crawl and comfy enough for highway. It's so much fun to drive now.

I probably will never encounter the wide open trail as in anything over 20-30 mph. I just like cruising. So I have no need for triple bypass shocks or even any sort of bypass. As far as the cooler goes. I've got an iceco VL60D which is fantastic. Plugged into my trucks inverter when I did use it. Precooled it moved it to the truck. Kept everything frozen on one side and cooled on the other side. For an entire weekend with just a few driving miles per day to run it. It was kind of a test run. But it works great.
If I already had an inverter I'd probably have gone electric. Yeah I'd probably guess there to be some ride benefits to bypasses but prob not worth it in your use application.

Huhnowwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Mojave JT
Occupation
Project Cat Herder
I thought it would do a lot better than it did. I usually go out for 3 days and 2 nights when I camp at the coast. It was basically room temp once I got home and it was cooler than 80. It uses 2 cold packs at the bottom; I'm betting/hoping if it had 4 down there it could do 3-4 days. It does look really sleek and I love that it fits on the back seat (the single-side down, with bench-side folded up) with the seat belt on it to secure it. Even with 4 packs, it will still hold a lot of stuff for its size and it does cool all the way to the top. The main con is it's not that rugged, it will dent, so I take a little extra care of it and treat it nice. The lid also fell apart but they said they sent me one from a defective batch and are mailing me one to replace it.

They are simply amazing when going fast off-road. They have about 6 inches up and down travel and make quick work of shitty roads. Like all bypass shocks, they suck at attenuating low-frequency oscillations though. I don't really want to spend money on a dual shock set-up, its good enough for me. They do make a lot of noise and most people probably think something is broken in my jeep.
So, it looks like you have the Synergy springs as well? 4" lift front and rear? What other suspension changes did you have to make for all this to work?

For coolers, we have a Rovr and it does about 2 days before more ice is needed. Thanks for the review of that new cooler, saved me some potentially wasted money.

OP
OP

Hdog911

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Occupation
Clerk
So, it looks like you have the Synergy springs as well? 4" lift front and rear? What other suspension changes did you have to make for all this to work?

For coolers, we have a Rovr and it does about 2 days before more ice is needed. Thanks for the review of that new cooler, saved me some potentially wasted money.
As far as I know its the diesel version of synergy's kit, which is the same as the gas kit but includes a spacer upfront for the extra weight upfront. There are also JKS geometry correction brackets and some minor fab work.

Yeah but with the Rovr are you filling 2/3 ice? this thing is doing that good with like 1/10 ice.
Sponsored