Sponsored

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Actually, I'm not. The beauty of using a relay (solenoid) is that it requires VERY low power to operate. The Jeep's Auxiliary switch is only switching the relay on and off. That's nothing. It's the relay itself that's connecting or disconnecting the winch from the battery. The wire Warn gives you to hook your switch to the interrupt kit is only 18ga. It comes with an inline 5 amp fuse. 15 amp is 3x more than it needs, so the inline will blow long before the switch fuse ever will.

Having that relay is what puts my mind at ease.

Here's what's wired to what in my Jeep right now:
IMG_5095.jpg

My on-board ARB Twin Air Compressor needs 40-amp. It's small enough wire that I didn't feel the need to install a relay, but it's big enough that I needed 40 amp rather than 15.

And then I also write down in my owner manual anything else I hardwire into the system using the passenger footwell wires (such as my dash cam or radar detector)

Using a pencil to write it all down in my owner's manual is the only way I keep track!
Thanks!! Luckily I had room where you put your compressor, made some brackets...
Jeep Gladiator True Trail Gladiator Build IMG_1129

Glad Camp.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jsyn

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!! Luckily I had room where you put your compressor, made some brackets...
Jeep Gladiator True Trail Gladiator Build Glad Cam

Nice! I’m envious of that covered bed cab. Your setup looks awesome!

It’s funny, I tried to install that same air dam on my hood, but I gave up after it arrived damaged in it’s sealed package twice in a row

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Nice! I’m envious of that covered bed cab. Your setup looks awesome!

It’s funny, I tried to install that same air dam on my hood, but I gave up after it arrived damaged in it’s sealed package twice in a row
Thanks! Same about yours - and your write up is awesome - appreciate you doing it! The air dam on the hood does help with the bug splatter, third time is the charm!

OP
OP
jsyn

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This is not build related, but how did you get the image at the top of all of pages of this thread?
I didn’t. I think the mods do that when they highlight a thread on the front page. Sorry!

Sponsored

dsgood78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - North Edition
I love this forum and I particularly love this thread. It gives me soooo many ideas. Just got to pick a place to start!

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlok MudFlaps (Part 2)

Okay, I just pulled my front passenger mud flap off and took some pictures in the hopes it could help answer your question.

Looking back from the front tire, the mud flap is held on my three bolts, two on the top and one off to the side.

But when you take the mud flap off, only the top two holes have screw thread clips on them.

The third, lower screw thread clip fits onto the truck itself

When you look forwards, towards the tire, at where the top two screw go, you sure could be fooled into thinking that the mud flap goes BETWEEN those two layers of plastic. You'd be wrong, unless you're planning to drill out the holes in those two fins of plastic and make them bigger

Instead, install the mud flap behind both layers of plastic. Here's the same view, looking forwards towards the wheel, with the mud flap installed

Then screw in the lower, rear thumbscrew

All the while, making sure that the top wing of the mud flap is on the other side, inside the wheel well, separate from the rest of the mudflaps.

If any of that helps, awesome. Otherwise, sorry, it's what I got, and as you can see, it's all based off a Rubicon fender flare. Best of luck!
HUGE help, thank you for these pics! Tackling this install this weekend. I just got mine yesterday.

MarcusB

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Love this thread! Thanks for the long write up. I got a ton of new ideas from your build. And your non-Jeep related camping gear writeup was really cool. I just sold my JKU and bought a JT Mojave in Gobi. My overlander build has started with a half high Rebel rack and Decked drawer system so far. Looking forward to your next installment about recovery gear.

Marcus
Sponsored