Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
Jeep Gladiator DNA Motoring Hard Tonneau - install and review 20210721_162440

Just installed this from Amazon. Half of most others @$450 but that's not why I bought it .There is no separate rail to clamp to the bed , each section has a cam lock clamp on each side with a wide gasket surface directly to the bed rails . I'm thinking the clamps are a bit fiddly but seems secure. I realized most of the time I'd just drop the tailgate and not even lift a panel to get something out.​
RobmotiveJT did a couple youtubes on it . Mostly basic info. Yeah, this is
Jeep Gladiator DNA Motoring Hard Tonneau - install and review 20210721_162602
Jeep Gladiator DNA Motoring Hard Tonneau - install and review 20210721_162511
the one with two guys standing on it . Definitely sturdy.​
If anybody wants more info on the install let me know . We'll see how it works out for me and I'll post an update in a while.​
Gotta tell you, posting here is a real chore .Double images and the whole thing just shifts so I can't see what I'm typing. I'm sure it's just me. Ha !
Jeep Gladiator DNA Motoring Hard Tonneau - install and review 20210721_163640
Sponsored

OP
OP
Junker21

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Mailman
Granted, it’s only been a bit over a month but do you still like it?
I do . I found I had to move it back towards the tailgate about an inch because otherwise there was no room to get to the bottom retainer for the back window . It makes the corners stick out some but it doesn't bother me and actually seals on the tailgate better .
The camlocks are a pain but I found
you can slide them towards the bed rails by feel and latch them without looking underneath like I was doing.
Also I'm currently not latching the middle locks because it makes it easier to double fold it .When it starts raining I'll see if I need to latch the middle to keep out the rain.
I had to remove it for hauling and it was very easy. I outlined the front corners with a sharpy and it went right back in place without adjusting.
It can take plenty of weight and I'm sure it'll come in handy when I go to put the hardtop back on for winter.
Yeah, overall I'm happy with it especially for the price. I wouldn't want one I couldn't stand on .
After I bought it I saw there were very similar ones that used plastic panels
instead of painted aluminum on the outer surface with the same sandwiched construction. I might have gone that way instead.
Hard to shop just going by pictures on the internet.

IMG_7386.jpg

20210831_142128.jpg

JESmith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I bought one almost a year ago. I needed something in hurry for a trip from Texas to Florida and back. So far it has held up really well. Ended up driving thru a hurricane - no leaks.

OP
OP
Junker21

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Mailman
I bought one almost a year ago. I needed something in hurry for a trip from Texas to Florida and back. So far it has held up really well. Ended up driving thru a hurricane - no leaks.
Good to hear . Mine hasn't even been rained on yet , and I live on the wet side of Oregon !
Sponsored