First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired
How tall is the revolver when rolled up?
just asking so I know the minimum clearance for a bed rack. Thanks

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got it to work for me.

Bak Revolver X4 with Yakima Overhaul HD with added tonneau kit.
Slides into T-slot channel.
Couple of issues you will have is rolling the cover up to the front of the cab you have to force it past the tower at the cab. (It will go past just not smoothly)
Second issue is the rubber seal on the Bak Revolver will be slightly raised resting on the towers. Nothing I was concerned about and used the system for about 3 weeks when I decided to change to a Overland build.

Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 4430C4D1-486D-43B3-8466-C199AAF746F0

Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 4430C4D1-486D-43B3-8466-C199AAF746F0

@cgm

Sponsored

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
thanks for pointing me in the right direction of this thread.

the yakima rack with a rolling tonneau is exactly what i need. i have had a few emails back and forth with yakima and retrax. i need to get in touch with rugged ridge to see what they have in store.

yakima did a bunch of stress testing with retrax, that is why they say it can hold so much weight. as far as the cs rep knew, they had not done testing with other racks so while it might work, they don't recommend it. retrax said that they can't solve the gas filler bump (even though i sent links to the other companies products that can do it) and clamping it on the bed rails.

so bak revolver might be it. i really don't need the rack until the weather gets nicer, so i have a bit of time to see what comes to market.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
thanks for pointing me in the right direction of this thread.

the yakima rack with a rolling tonneau is exactly what i need. i have had a few emails back and forth with yakima and retrax. i need to get in touch with rugged ridge to see what they have in store.

yakima did a bunch of stress testing with retrax, that is why they say it can hold so much weight. as far as the cs rep knew, they had not done testing with other racks so while it might work, they don't recommend it. retrax said that they can't solve the gas filler bump (even though i sent links to the other companies products that can do it) and clamping it on the bed rails.

so bak revolver might be it. i really don't need the rack until the weather gets nicer, so i have a bit of time to see what comes to market.
I'm using the Xtrusion-Overland rack with my Revolver X4s. They have brackets specific to the X4s and it allows you to run an 8" longer rack than their standard Gladiator rack. I did lose maybe an inch of roll at the end, but I need to adjust my tonneau to get it centered better too.

Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 20220118_163633
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 20220118_154845
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review received_1558220497867780

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
I'm using the Xtrusion-Overland rack with my Revolver X4s. They have brackets specific to the X4s and it allows you to run an 8" longer rack than their standard Gladiator rack. I did lose maybe an inch of roll at the end, but I need to adjust my tonneau to get it centered better too.

Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review received_1558220497867780
Is there something stopping the base bracket from sliding forward to make up that inch you’ve lost for the roll?
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 83DE7286-51F3-4681-A636-9A020142CE67

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Is there something stopping the base bracket from sliding forward to make up that inch you’ve lost for the roll?
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review 83DE7286-51F3-4681-A636-9A020142CE67
The plastic end cap sticks into the channel, I actually lost another half inch or so because I mounted the double T nuts the wrong way in that picture. Didn't realize I only had the older picture on here. I also need to recenter my cover because it is off just a bit, and that night give me some space back.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
The plastic end cap sticks into the channel, I actually lost another half inch or so because I mounted the double T nuts the wrong way in that picture. Didn't realize I only had the older picture on here. I also need to recenter my cover because it is off just a bit, and that night give me some space back.
Ah, got ya. Thanks for letting us know we can get the extra length with this set up too. Do we have to message them for that? I only see a 48” option on their website.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Ah, got ya. Thanks for letting us know we can get the extra length with this set up too. Do we have to message them for that? I only see a 48” option on their website.
You might need to message them about it. They are easy to work with, I'm sure if enough people request the longer rack they will put it on the website. I think the owner had mentioned some big changes for the website soon, so they might be waiting on that.

It looks like they did add it. Maybe it shows up after you select Revolver bracket?
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review Screenshot_20220123-230957_Chrome

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
You might need to message them about it. They are easy to work with, I'm sure if enough people request the longer rack they will put it on the website. I think the owner had mentioned some big changes for the website soon, so they might be waiting on that.

It looks like they did add it. Maybe it shows up after you select Revolver bracket?
Jeep Gladiator BAK x4 Revolver rolling tonneau Install and review Screenshot_20220123-230957_Chrome
Another great tip from #fcmalie! I hadn’t selected the BAK option first. Much appreciated

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link