First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Contractor
My JT is my daily driver, but I like to get the doors off whenever possible. I like having the door hinge arm when the doors are on to hold the door open like a regular car, but I'm curious if you really need to screw in the hinge arm and put the retaining strap on when the doors are on. Curious if anyone has said screw it and only used the hinges without putting the retaining strap on? I still plug in the harness to use the power windows and locks, just curious if I need to hassle with the strap as well.
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would imagine that connecting loop acts as a support for the wiring harness as well. No reason not to connect it.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I pushed the door catch into the doors and have no regrets doing so. It saves me from messing with a bolt every time I take the doors on and off.

The strap on the other hand is a must IMOA. Once you get use to it its very easy and quick to take off. Just like a girls bra strap:dance:

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I pushed the door catch into the doors and have no regrets doing so. It saves me from messing with a bolt every time I take the doors on and off.

The strap on the other hand is a must IMOA. Once you get use to it its very easy and quick to take off. Just like a girls bra strap:dance:
I remember my first attempt vividly. I wanted to strangle the person who designed the back of those. Now that I have 3 daughters, the more complicated, the better.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Use the strap, save yourself from the dreaded cowl ding and/or ripping the wire harness out. Gravity is a bitch when stopped on a side hill. You'll be amazed and pissed if that door slips out of your hand and you watch your door fly all the way open and ding the cowl

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Use the strap, save yourself from the dreaded cowl ding and/or ripping the wire harness out. Gravity is a bitch when stopped on a side hill. You'll be amazed and pissed if that door slips out of your hand and you watch your door fly all the way open and ding the cowl

This;)
There is a reason people buy those cowl guards and a lot are because they have a ding from the mirror hitting the cowl but to answer your question, no you don't have to, but I would.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
2 things to know about “cowl dings” and the JL/JT:
1. The mirrors no longer hit the cowl when the door swings all the way open on a JL/JT (never should have been designed that way on the JK)
2. The cowl is now plastic
Sponsored