Door Wiring Harness Issues

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
After putting my doors back on today I was having trouble with some of the driver door functions. The driver's side door lock switch did not work and the truck did not realize the driver door was installed. However the power windows worked and the remote key fob worked.
As it turns out I must have misaligned the harness when reconnecting and a couple/few of the pins were bent slightly.
After straightening the pins and carefully aligning the harness all was right again.
It helps to pull the female plug from the kick panel so you can see the flimsy little pins inside to straighten bent ones.
The most important part is to watch the alignment it the plastic couplers as you close the lever.
Sponsored

Sitka345

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I had the same issue after reattaching the door and the functions you mentioned weren't working. My dealer said my pins were crushed and I needed a new harness. I am disappointed that the Gladiator has such fragile components.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
just had the same issue.. I’m thinking of using a better connector and doing it my self.

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
I had the same issue after reattaching the door and the functions you mentioned weren't working. My dealer said my pins were crushed and I needed a new harness. I am disappointed that the Gladiator has such fragile components.
How much did that cost you? I'm having the same issue with one single pin

shad19

First Name
Shaf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
CNC programer
what are some alternate connector options? mine suck too - it doesn't seem like there is that much slop in the connector to do it incorrectly, but apparently I have at least once

Sponsored

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT

Gwedough

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Accountant
Hello All,
I’m having the same issue with my passenger door plug/pin issue on my Gladiator. Dealership wants to charge $415 to replace the broken plug, saying since I took the doors off and broke the plug in the process of putting everything back together, it’s my fault. Don’t see how it’s my fault, as the plug fits into a housing before reaching the pins. Which the housing should aline the plug correctly. And to top it off, there’s a lever that pulls the plug together. Also, this is my 5th Jeep (2 TJs and 2 JKs prior to this Gladiator) so I’ve had my share of door removals. I’ve spoke with Jeep Corporate, which told me they haven’t had enough complaints about the plugs to have it as a known issue. I suggest to everyone who has this issue (JL or JT) to contact Jeep Corporate and let them know this is a common issue that the dealerships are saying is from user error. Again hard to believe this could be user error. Love my JT, just disappointed with this issue and now I’m nervous to remove my doors.
Thanks,
Cary

Jolimon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Add me to the club. 2021 Gladiator I picked up 3 weeks ago. Have had the doors off twice. (My 6th Jeep, 3’rd with removable doors). Passive entry, mirror, blind spot, lock/unlock, remote start all inop. Funny because I was impressed with the new housing when compared to my two other Sahara’s (2008, 2015). It appeared more durable...

JohnnyLax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Just had my doors off on my new 21 gladiator and now my radio doesn't turn off when I get out and the interior lights don't work but its only on the drivers side. Everything else works, locks, window and mirrors, I will have to pull the connector apart tomorrow and check the pins.

Jolimon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Sales
After two hours of re-aligning the ridiculously fragile pins on both the driver and passenger side everything is working again. I bought the Gladiator Rubicon Diesel with all the safety stuff because I believed it was the most durable and I love taking the doors off. Jeep needs to come up with new harnesses that don’t need to be realigned every time the doors are removed. Again, this is my third Jeep with removable doors and never had a problem in the past. I am a big Jeep fan but the fact that some engineer felt this was an acceptable solution has me baffled.

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
These plugs are definitely defective, i had a jlu and took my doors of one to two times a week for almost 2 years and never had an issue. I get they are the same plug, but my current plus dont feel as smooth. My gladiator bends them every time no matter how careful i am. My coworkers gladiator bends them too.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Just a heads up, if your pins get bent it may set off the start stop error light. I realigned mine and it went away.

bc-77

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Ok so after putting my doors back on this last time I have the same issues:
  • Start/stop Avengers dash light
  • Radio doesn't shut off when I open the door
  • Dome lights don't turn on when I open the door
  • Doesn't auto unlock the rear doors when I open the door.
All only from the driver side door. Anyone have any tips on how to make the wire harness pins actually accessible? If I try to contort myself it makes me 🤢🤢🤢

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Ok so after putting my doors back on this last time I have the same issues:
  • Start/stop Avengers dash light
  • Radio doesn't shut off when I open the door
  • Dome lights don't turn on when I open the door
  • Doesn't auto unlock the rear doors when I open the door.
All only from the driver side door. Anyone have any tips on how to make the wire harness pins actually accessible? If I try to contort myself it makes me 🤢🤢🤢
Yea contorting myself that waybwas impossible. It would be great if they just turned the harness 90 degrees so you could see what you're doing.

If you take a flat head screwdriver, you can carefully pop the harness off the wall and then you can turn it and see what is going on with the bent pins much easier
Sponsored