First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Retired - Wheelin and Golf
On my old rig I had my after market LED driving lights relay switch connected to the power wire for my high beams so when the highs were on the driving lights were on. Will wiring the relay switch for my LED driving lights to the high beam power wire on my '20 JT Rubicon with the LED package cause any issues or fault codes?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You can get Jscan and it has a setting to allow this to happen. Mine stay on on my JT with the high beams

OP
OP
Chaos

Chaos

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
You can get Jscan and it has a setting to allow this to happen. Mine stay on on my JT with the high beams
I got my driving lights installed so they come on with the high beams via a relay and they are working fine without making any changes on Jscan. However, now my fog lights will not come on. The light on the dash indicates the fog lights are on when the low beams are on but the fog lights are not lighting up. I have run a Jscan diagnostic and there are no errors showing up. Any ideas???

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got my driving lights installed so they come on with the high beams via a relay and they are working fine without making any changes on Jscan. However, now my fog lights will not come on. The light on the dash indicates the fog lights are on when the low beams are on but the fog lights are not lighting up. I have run a Jscan diagnostic and there are no errors showing up. Any ideas???
Not sure I know there is a setting in jscan that you can set and you don't have to run a relay to get it to work. It allows the driving lights and fog lights to all be on at the same time without the need of a relay

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I am interested in doing this with my KC driving lights… if you guys have recommendations on how to set it up, that would be great! I currently activate them with one of the six switches.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I am interested in doing this with my KC driving lights… if you guys have recommendations on how to set it up, that would be great! I currently activate them with one of the six switches.
I'm pretty sure if you tap into the fog lights for your power source and then set Jscan to allow your fog lights to burn when the high beams are on it will get you what you want and no relay required. Then you can power the driving lights with the stock fog light button. I had led driving lights tapped into the fog light harness on my JKU and it worked fine.

OP
OP
Chaos

Chaos

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
I'm pretty sure if you tap into the fog lights for your power source and then set Jscan to allow your fog lights to burn when the high beams are on it will get you what you want and no relay required. Then you can power the driving lights with the stock fog light button. I had led driving lights tapped into the fog light harness on my JKU and it worked fine.
But if you meet a vehicle and and dim your head lights your fog and driving lights will still be lit. You would have to turn off the fogs to get the driving lights off. Correct?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
But if you meet a vehicle and and dim your head lights your fog and driving lights will still be lit. You would have to turn off the fogs to get the driving lights off. Correct?
Yeah if go that route you would have to turn the fogs off to get the driving lights off.

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
I used a relay with my KC lights. The relay coil was feed by a tap into the high beam circuit right behind the curbside headlight and then went to ground. The power to the common contact came from my Aux1 switch source and the normally open output went to the driving lights. That means that the high beams run by themselves normally but whenever I press the Aux 1 switch button the KC lights work in conjunction with the high beams. That way if I dim the high beams, the KC lights go off as well. The slight drain from the right headlamp that powers the relay coil is not noticeable and throws no codes or error messages.

OP
OP
Chaos

Chaos

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Went through my wiring and found that the fogs were not plugged in all the way. Idiot!!! Now everything is working as I wanted. The fogs are on with the low and high beams and the driving lights are on only with the high beams. Whew!
Sponsored