First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Does anyone know have any experience on using the EAG front bumpers? They look sharp and have a decent price range.
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Ive been curious about this as well. Following.

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
I have one, purchased it to carry the winch until I got a chance to build what I want out of aluminum.
Fit and finish were great. Welds good. Factory fogs fit as they should. They powder coat probably the only weak point but I just used it as primer for a top coat of body color anyway.

For the price well worth it. Honesty I had a fab fours bumper on my tundra and it was heavier made but other than that comparable.

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
I have an EAG with the recessed winch plate, I love it. Only thing I might do differently is get the non recessed winch holder bc it affects the skid plates you can install on it, otherwise fine.

Oak4627

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I had one on my JKU it was a great bumper except for the powder coating it only survived 2 NY winters and was flaking off in large pieces.

Sponsored

me_ccie

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have one, liked that I could use my stock LED fogs. Smittybilt winches fit perfectly.
Jeep Gladiator EAG front bumper feedback? IMG_5640

jt712

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have one and it is great! Held up for a year no issues yet with 12,000 pound winch.

TAUPEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR SPORT 2006 LJ 1972 CHEVY BLAZER
I installed one this summer. love the fit and finish so far. Like the fact that it accepts factory fogs. I installed a 12000 lb. Badlands winch which was very tight fit.

SFLJEEPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ, 2015 JK, 2015 JKU, 2021 JT
I had one on my JKU it was a great bumper except for the powder coating it only survived 2 NY winters and was flaking off in large pieces.

Same experience here in FL. I have had a front and rear on one JK and a different front on another JK. All were EAG. All looked pretty good for a period of time (2 years or so), but rust starts forming under the powder coating and eventually the powder coat starts lifting and flaking off in large sections (like the size of a dollar bill). It happened to all three of my bumpers that were originally purchased in 2016-2017. I suppose EAG quality could now be better (or worse), but I haven't given them another chance. Yet.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I run one on my XJ. It looks phenomenal, powder coat has held up to the Vegas summers and winters (really a tale of extremes) over the last four years and I've used it to winch. I have no regrets.

Only bad thing I can say is that I lost a single bolt holding in the bull bar about 6 months in... I then went back and used blue thread locker, no further issues to result.

Jeep Gladiator EAG front bumper feedback? 92DB55DE-7865-48ED-BB9B-F40108F7BADB

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lake Miller

First Name
Lake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Web Developer
Some of my friends have them on their JK. One of the most essential jeep accessories to install for additional protection during off-road adventures is quality bumpers.

Last edited:

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I just found a great deal on one locally, unused. I think I'm going to give it a shot. Are there different skid plates for each style or are they generic. I asked the person selling if there was a model number for the bumper, to check with EAG on the skid plate, but there was nothing on the box or instructions.

Karlaeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Sounds like they are decent for offroading and such...

My question is...how are they in actual crashes compared to stock?
Sponsored