EAG Safari Tube Doors-Installed!

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
Today I received my EAG Safari Tube Doors w/ Mirrors. Picked them up from Vicious Offroad for $313 shipped (had to call to get that price). Also, when browsing their page, their Gladiator links for these doors show a price of $999.99 while the JL version (which are identical) list for $329. I made them aware of this so it may now be corrected, I called about the crazy price then asked for their best price shipped.

So, they arrive with the front doors and rear doors bundled together. You also get 2 smaller boxes for the mirrors, 4 boxes for the hinges and one box for the hinge hardware. The two page instructions are just ok. They don't explain why half the hinge bolts are longer (25mm vs 20mm). You get 8 of each size. I assume their are longer ones for the front doors to account for the door strap (the straps are built in to the rear doors). So I just used the short ones for all upper hinges and the longer ones for all lower hinges (even though the rear doors don't have the extra strap bracket like the front).

Putting them together and installing them was a breeze. I had to do some minor adjustments to get the latches to close nice and snug, but it wasn't too much of a hassle.

The fit and finish are quite good, I noticed no defects on the finish of the doors. I had read/watched some reviews and wasn't expecting much from the mirrors, but they work great for me. They are larger than stock and give me a better view than stock. Don't know if they made changes to them but I don't see why anyone would have any issues with them.

Took it for a spin before removing them (we have rain predicted all weekend) and noticed no rattles or other noises. So, if your like me and can't fathom the nearly $1k price of the Mopar doors (and a few other brands) these are a great quality alternative.

90502216_214521389773925_3182192259458138112_n.jpg
Sponsored

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Your review is spot on with my experience with these doors as well. The mirrors have a better view than stock is a plus.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Today I received my EAG Safari Tube Doors w/ Mirrors. Picked them up from Vicious Offroad for $313 shipped (had to call to get that price). Also, when browsing their page, their Gladiator links for these doors show a price of $999.99 while the JL version (which are identical) list for $329. I made them aware of this so it may now be corrected, I called about the crazy price then asked for their best price shipped.

So, they arrive with the front doors and rear doors bundled together. You also get 2 smaller boxes for the mirrors, 4 boxes for the hinges and one box for the hinge hardware. The two page instructions are just ok. They don't explain why half the hinge bolts are longer (25mm vs 20mm). You get 8 of each size. I assume their are longer ones for the front doors to account for the door strap (the straps are built in to the rear doors). So I just used the short ones for all upper hinges and the longer ones for all lower hinges (even though the rear doors don't have the extra strap bracket like the front).

Putting them together and installing them was a breeze. I had to do some minor adjustments to get the latches to close nice and snug, but it wasn't too much of a hassle.

The fit and finish are quite good, I noticed no defects on the finish of the doors. I had read/watched some reviews and wasn't expecting much from the mirrors, but they work great for me. They are larger than stock and give me a better view than stock. Don't know if they made changes to them but I don't see why anyone would have any issues with them.

Took it for a spin before removing them (we have rain predicted all weekend) and noticed no rattles or other noises. So, if your like me and can't fathom the nearly $1k price of the Mopar doors (and a few other brands) these are a great quality alternative.

90502216_214521389773925_3182192259458138112_n.jpg
looking to buy today, any additional feedback before I pull the trigger?

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy today, any additional feedback before I pull the trigger?
Well, I've been driving all week with them and have no issues. I only wish I had done this sooner.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Well, I've been driving all week with them and have no issues. I only wish I had done this sooner.
just purchased, I’ll add my thoughts to this thread if that’s ok. Got em shipped for 299

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Got em on. Having a little issue with the back passenger door rattling but overall very happy. Can’t seem to get it right.

26A89940-F03E-431C-B5AB-6F9E417E1B2A.jpeg

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got em on. Having a little issue with the back passenger door rattling but overall very happy. Can’t seem to get it right.

There are two "levels" of latching. If you just push your door in you'll hear the latch engage, give it a firm shove you'll hear the second click. You can see how well the latch is engaged if you look into the latch assembly from the inside. I suggest you remove the rubber bumper and then shut the door. It sounds like your latch isn't engaging past the first click. You may need to shave down the bumper.

Below is an example.

Latch 1.PNG
Latch 2.PNG

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
There are two "levels" of latching. If you just push your door in you'll hear the latch engage, give it a firm shove you'll hear the second click. You can see how well the latch is engaged if you look into the latch assembly from the inside. I suggest you remove the rubber bumper and then shut the door. It sounds like your latch isn't engaging past the first click. You may need to shave down the bumper.

Below is an example.

Latch 1.PNG
Latch 2.PNG
Thank you for the info. Took off the bumpers and got it to engage, but then tried again and it wouldn’t go. Just inconsistent. I’ve also caught the bolt wrong a few times when adjusting and getting close to stripping it, so gonna grab some backups and continue to tinker. It’s both back doors, however the passenger one is more of a headache than the driver side.

the rear doors are also less flush in the door jamb than the front doors. You having that same situation?

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info. Took off the bumpers and got it to engage, but then tried again and it wouldn’t go. Just inconsistent. I’ve also caught the bolt wrong a few times when adjusting and getting close to stripping it, so gonna grab some backups and continue to tinker. It’s both back doors, however the passenger one is more of a headache than the driver side.

the rear doors are also less flush in the door jamb than the front doors. You having that same situation?

Yes, the rear doors stick out slightly more than the fronts. I'm thinking this would be the case with any, unless they change the tube thickness to accommodate the difference in depth of the front and rear door jambs. The Mopar doors, IMO, look goofy because they stick out so much more because of the large OD tubing the use.

One other tip, and how I got things to line up properly on the rear doors (and front for that matter) is loosen the bolts that hold the door to the bracket. Engage the latch properly and hold it in place, then tighten the bracket bolts on the door (I did this by myself, so it can be done, but another person would make it much easier).

Sponsored

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
I had to shave down the rear rubber bumpers for them to latch correctly but now they work great.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

That's where the extra $30 is on OP door's :LOL: sorry I couldn't leave it alone.. must be the Covin 19 :)
Now that I have the smart ass over they look good much less better side mirrors

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Just ordered these off of Amazon for $369. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Gator Green
Great review. I’ve been debating on these due to the price, you get what you pay for, but hearing these good reviews makes me think they are worth the risk.
Sponsored