Whatever you want...I can supervise!

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I'm trying to build a ~ 3.5" kit for my rubicon eco diesel.

Plan: components from Clayton offroad plus kit with springs sourced elsewhere. Likely Falcon 3.3 shocks, maybe Fox 2.5 depending on stock availability and how much I want to hurt my wallet.

Question is which springs to go with:

- Rock Krawler 3"
- Skyjacker 3.5"
- Rusty Offroad 4"

This will be my overland rig riding on 37s -- will be relatively heavy at baseline with front bumper, winch, full skids (once released), RSI smart cap, fridge, recovery & camping gear FT in rear and when in full expedition mode about 5gal spare diesel and 10gal of water for trips in the back. BUT since it is a Rubicon I would like to hit some more challenging trails....like the Rubicon.

Thoughts?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm trying to build a ~ 3.5" kit for my rubicon eco diesel.

Plan: components from Clayton offroad plus kit with springs sourced elsewhere. Likely Falcon 3.3 shocks, maybe Fox 2.5 depending on stock availability and how much I want to hurt my wallet.

Question is which springs to go with:

- Rock Krawler 3"
- Skyjacker 3.5"
- Rusty Offroad 4"

This will be my overland rig riding on 37s -- will be relatively heavy at baseline with front bumper, winch, full skids (once released), RSI smart cap, fridge, recovery & camping gear FT in rear and when in full expedition mode about 5gal spare diesel and 10gal of water for trips in the back. BUT since it is a Rubicon I would like to hit some more challenging trails....like the Rubicon.

Thoughts?
I have a set of new kings (2.5 with adjusters!) for sale front and rear for the gladiator if you decide that’s the route you want to go. Would sell them at a fair discount off new. I ordered both the Fox3.0’s and kings, ended up not being able to return the kings.

I also have a set of RK springs for the diesel for sale. I prefer the evo springs though.

Sponsored

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I have a set of new kings (2.5 with adjusters!) for sale front and rear for the gladiator if you decide that’s the route you want to go. Would sell them at a fair discount off new. I ordered both the Fox3.0’s and kings, ended up not being able to return the kings.

I also have a set of RK springs for the diesel for sale. I prefer the evo springs though.
what's the reason you prefer the evo springs over the RK springs? in my case i don't think they'd be a viable option bc i'm not trying to get more than 4" lift and they only offer a 2.5 and 4"... just curious what your thought process was to see if that would apply to the other options available

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what's the reason you prefer the evo springs over the RK springs?
The RK springs were too stiff in the front in terms of ride and just felt bumpy on road. The evo springs rode a little softer. This was with a winch, steel bumper. It’s personal preference

I use the gladiator for camping and couldn’t be happier with the setup. The kings would have been fine I just couldn’t pass up the deal I got on the fox’s.

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
The RK springs were too stiff in the front in terms of ride and just felt bumpy on road. The evo springs rode a little softer. This was with a winch, steel bumper. It’s personal preference

I use the gladiator for camping and couldn’t be happier with the setup. The kings would have been fine I just couldn’t pass up the deal I got on the fox’s.
your signature shows that you have a 3" lift on your ecodiesel -- how did you manage a 3" lift with evo springs if they only offer 4.5 or 2.5?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your signature shows that you have a 3" lift on your ecodiesel -- how did you manage a 3" lift with evo springs if they only offer 4.5 or 2.5?
forgot to update sig I guess

I’m running their 4 1/2” springs so I can swap to my beadlock wheels with 40’s for moab each year. I run 37” KO2’s daily on stock wheels with spacers. Helps with break over angle anyway and I still get over 22-23 mpg with the setup

if I didn’t wheel it I’d probably just run their 2 1/2” springs. Either way it’s a tad raked until you put some weight in the bed, which with camping, levels it out nicely.

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
I ended up with the Rustys 4 inch springs and have been happy with them. My MC springs just sagged to much. Rustys has been very comfortable off-road and I even have more travel in the rear with their springs. They are made by eibach so it’s all quality stuff. I have 2 heavy trail rides and about 1000 miles on them so far. With that said, everything else is metal cloak etc…

Sponsored

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
I don’t have to use bumpstops either. The springs compress on themselves at full compression just the right amount…

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I ended up with the Rustys 4 inch springs and have been happy with them. My MC springs just sagged to much. Rustys has been very comfortable off-road and I even have more travel in the rear with their springs. They are made by eibach so it’s all quality stuff. I have 2 heavy trail rides and about 1000 miles on them so far. With that said, everything else is metal cloak etc…
which shocks did you pair the springs with? also curious with all rusty's springs how is the rake? did you measure to see if you actually got 4" out of them?

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
which shocks did you pair the springs with? also curious with all rusty's springs how is the rake? did you measure to see if you actually got 4" out of them?
Yes on my diesel it ended up being about 4.5 in the rear and 4.1 in the front. I had the rock sports on there from metal cloak but got the Rustys rx800. They ended up having longer travel and ride much better with these springs. Very happy with it but can’t comment on their controls arms or anything else. Springs/shocks only which are made by eibach so great brand and USA made.