First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
With the coils so compressed, almost touching, are you worried about fatigue?

To soon to tell but still holding height so far. Even my metal cloak springs compressed as much
Sponsored

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Another one echoing the praises of the MOPAR 2" diesel specific kit l, here.

The ride in the front is a bit firmer, without being harsh in the least. The ride in the rear is a good bit firmer, but again nowhere near harsh.

I did the Terraflex 1" level in the front (left the second 1/2" off from the kit). I also did an adjustable track bar in the front while I was at it.

All was not good news, though. I bought the track bar and a track bar bracket from Rusty's. Yeah, I know. First, the description and picture on Rusty's site showed and described poly ends on both ends. What showed up was poly on one side, heim on the other. I do not like heims. To their credit, Rusty's is sending me a replacement poly end. Second, the bracket simply does not fit. I'm not sure if all Gladis have an appropriate 1/8" plate welded on the inside of the coil bucket, where one half of the bracket would sit, or if that's something diesel specific. Either way, the Rusty's bracket did not account for that 1/8". Consequently, everything was shifted over. The bottom of this 1/8" plate hit, preventing the bracket from sliding up all the way. I cut a notch I into the bracket to clear this. Fixed that problem, but then all four holes were now at least 1/8" off, towards the rear. This made getting the steering box bolts back in impossible, even with a pry bar and a second pair of hands. After an hour of dicking around with it, hogging out the holes to try and make clearance, I threw the bracket in the trash. Lesson learned.

Just did a driveway alignment. Got the track dead nuts on, per the plumb bob. The rear still has the stock track bar, so it's about 3/16" offset to the passenger side. Not enough for me to worry about. Front was WAY off front the stock track bar length. Ended up adding about an extra 5/8" of track bar length to correct.

Another interesting finding... When stock, it turns out my passenger front was 1" lower than any of the other three corners. Can't figure out why. It seemed to effect caster, as the axle was at a different rotation, relative to the frame than the driver's side. I measured almost a full degree difference in caster. After the lift (and figuring out that the MOPAR instructions had the wrong spring call-out), all four corners are within 1/4" of each other in height, and the caster numbers are now only about 0.1 degree different. Toe was a touch more than I'd like from the factory at about 3/16" in, now about 1/16 in. Front passenger was showing some signs of scrubbing prior to this.

All in all, I'm happy with the MOPAR parts, not so happy with the Rusty's parts. Ride is firmer, not harsh, and much less wallowy. I strongly suspect that most of the 1% of people complaining that the MOPAR lift is harsh, are not following the control arm loosening/tightening instructions properly, and are binding the bushings. There is nothing "harsh" about this kit.

Finally, on a tangent... The mid torque 1/2" impact wrenches are AWESOME. I'm a Makita guy, and I already had the huge 700+ ftlb impact and a small impact driver, but I recently picked up the mid torque 1/2". It's literally the exact size as the little impact driver, but WAY more torque. It had no problem breaking loose the control arm bolts. Had no problem getting me close to the 200ftlb torque spec too. Being so small, it let me get an impact into just about anywhere. Saved me a bunch of time. Only problem is, that little thing is LOUD. Had to end up wearing ear pro while hammering down.

Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel lift 20210626_115330

Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel lift 20210626_154446~2

Last edited:

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
is the bottom out gone?

and how compressed looking are the front springs at rest?

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
From what I can tell so far, the biggest concern is if you want to go to a triangulated 4 link like the Rock Krawler setup, you will need to move the DEF tank. Other than that, their is an obvious difference in weight. I'm not sure it is enough for most of the companies to make any substantial changes in the setups. Maybe as time moves on their will be some different shocks or springs but volume will dictate that. I am going with the Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus with a spacer if needed.
curious how the clayton 3.5" overland plus worked out for you? how much lift did you end up with and what degree of rake? do you usually have an empty bed or constant load?

Azriel62

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge dually, 05 Toyota Sequoia, 49 power wagon
Occupation
Retired
Evo MFG 4.5" diesel specific springs. Overall, it rides WAY better than stock. Less bouncing, better handling, smoother ride. Delightful on the highway. I'm thrilled with it.

Factory steel bumper and Warn 12k winch on the front. No spacers yet.

What size tires are you running?

Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
That’s a great question. So I had the 20 jt gas and had king coils and it was 400/350 as I was pretty heavy up front with grumper and such. This round I had king weigh each corner with everything on it and it ended up being 400 top over 500 bottom. Its just perfect.

looks expeeeeeeeeeeensive. Where is KING and Rebel located?

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
looks expeeeeeeeeeeensive. Where is KING and Rebel located?
They have a location in Texas and Southern california (rebel) and King is located in Southern Calfornia as well.

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
That’s a great question. So I had the 20 jt gas and had king coils and it was 400/350 as I was pretty heavy up front with grumper and such. This round I had king weigh each corner with everything on it and it ended up being 400 top over 500 bottom. Its just perfect.

1C2BD30B-0329-4B00-B8BA-753960F912E9.jpeg

085397F5-71C3-419B-84CF-0ED416D1AF5A.jpeg
For clarity, are you saying that these spring rates are between 350 and 500lb/in?

Sailingmat

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Gas-SOLD, 2022 Gladiator Diesel
Any information or experience here on the Skyjacker diesel lift?
A little late response I know. I have about 20,000 miles on a Skyjacker 4.5" lift. It works great; however, I purchased my kit without shocks and used Fox 2.5 instead. We ran the Rubicon trail, and pull a 3200lbs teardrop travel trailer with it, no issues. Also, yes mine is a diesel, and no, I didn't regear.
Sponsored