Engine Ticking

Banjo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor Scab
Hi there. Just bought new 2022 gladiator rubicon. Only 600 miles and I noticed a weird rattle sound inside cab and then I noticed engine ticking sound especially loud with hood open. Is this normal?
Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
That's totally normal operation sound. Nothing abnormal shown in this video. Majority of what you are hearing is injectors.

OP
OP

Banjo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor Scab
Thank you. I wasn’t sure. I have 3.6 engine.

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
Not too long ago, I went down the rabbit hole of the "dreaded engine tick" and convinced myself I had issues. I know some folks certainly have had issues. It's like anything else, we probably hear more about the problems and not "everything is fine", so that narative can take over in our heads!

My 2021 Mojave was making exactly the same noise your jeep is making. Had to go to the dealer for the PMC recall anyway, so I asked them to check the noise. Tech said it was a normal noise coming from the purge system. Apparently there is a flap/valve that makes a noise. At least I now have the concern logged in the dealer's system, but this sounds like a logical explanation so far.

When it is warmer out, I plan to "listen" to the purge valve to confim.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banjo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor Scab
Good to know. Thank you for all the information. Should the engine ticking go away as miles get put on it or is it just part of the engine sound when running?
Sponsored