Sponsored

Exodus Jeeps install video on Hamburger's Supercharger on their JT Gladiator!

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Exodus took on our kit and did their install and were amazed how well the kit drove on their Gladiator. The video is pretty entertaining as well!

We are waiting for FCA to open back up to finish the process of becoming "official Jeep supercharger"

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Exodus took on our kit and did their install and were amazed how well the kit drove on their Gladiator. The video is pretty entertaining as well!

We are waiting for FCA to open back up to finish the process of becoming "official Jeep supercharger"

Hamburgers awesome :like: They actually run one of our Overland Plus lifts on their JT, super nice guys. Great video.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Hamburgers awesome :like: They actually run one of our Overland Plus lifts on their JT, super nice guys. Great video.
Can't wait to install our Clayton 2.5" kit!!!!!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
so @itsdapk by the looks of this looks it, (and my lack of turbo/supercharger knowledge) it looks like a centrifugal type of supercharger... is that correct? Do we have any dynos on power? I've been researching these a lot lately and google tells me that roots and twin screw models have the advantage of basically even power across the low/mid/high rpm where as the centrifugal requires you to build up much like a normal turbo.

Can you shed some light on this for me?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you elaborate on this too? Does this mean if I get one installed and go to the shop with an engine issue they aren't going to say the turbo voided my factory warranty?

Sponsored

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
so @itsdapk by the looks of this looks it, (and my lack of turbo/supercharger knowledge) it looks like a centrifugal type of supercharger... is that correct? Do we have any dynos on power? I've been researching these a lot lately and google tells me that roots and twin screw models have the advantage of basically even power across the low/mid/high rpm where as the centrifugal requires you to build up much like a normal turbo.

Can you shed some light on this for me?
Sure! Our setup is a centrifugal but with a twist to it. It is 1/2 the size of a standard supercharger but it spins almost 2x as fast and still flow the same cfm. Our gears are a planetary drive setup that actually uses a traction fluid that becomes a solid the faster it goes. (Think cornstarch in water) What that means is little to no whine! Cooler discharge temps because the fluid is creating the "teeth" for the gears. This is also why we do not need to change the fluid for 2 years or 24k miles.
I have turbo cars, roots blower cars and when I first went to interview I was like it's another supercharger company and me too product. I got to drive a Jeep with the kit and thought. This is different, It didn't drive like my other power adder vehicles. I didn't have to think was I in the right gear, right rpm to feel the power. It just went!
Part throttle pulling out into traffic there is 1-2 lbs of boost to get you out into traffic smoothly and safely. The power is there as well if you go WOT up to its shiftpoint. I would let my GF drive my Jeep without hesitation. The power is very linear which means it drives like stock with +125 hp.
A root style comes on all or none like a light switch and I don't think that's an advantage necessarily compared to a linear power curve. Some do people like that and that's their style. But after one pull there is a bunch of heatsoak especially in hot weather.

Jeep Gladiator Exodus Jeeps install video on Hamburger's Supercharger on their JT Gladiator! comparison

I'll let anyone driver our Gladiator to experience how good a kit it is. I spent a year on the road visiting 200+ shops. A majority were reluctant to do any power adders after past experiences and focused on LS/Hemi swaps. The number one complaint was drivability. Customers spent 6-8k and weren't happy because of how it drove. Didn't shift right or had to lift to shift.
Our drivability and shifting is just like factory.
When the heads of Jeep drove our Gladiator they stated it "drove like it should" and "looked like factory" We are waiting for FCA to open back up in Detroit to finish everything up.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Can you elaborate on this too? Does this mean if I get one installed and go to the shop with an engine issue they aren't going to say the turbo voided my factory warranty?
We are still working out the details on that side of the warranty.
At minimum you would still have our 3yr/36k powertrain warranty covered by us and not some third party warranty like the others have.
All of our kits are 50 state legal as well.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure! Our setup is a centrifugal but with a twist to it. It is 1/2 the size of a standard supercharger but it spins almost 2x as fast and still flow the same cfm. Our gears are a planetary drive setup that actually uses a traction fluid that becomes a solid the faster it goes. (Think cornstarch in water) What that means is little to no whine! Cooler discharge temps because the fluid is creating the "teeth" for the gears. This is also why we do not need to change the fluid for 2 years or 24k miles.
I have turbo cars, roots blower cars and when I first went to interview I was like it's another supercharger company and me too product. I got to drive a Jeep with the kit and thought. This is different, It didn't drive like my other power adder vehicles. I didn't have to think was I in the right gear, right rpm to feel the power. It just went!
Part throttle pulling out into traffic there is 1-2 lbs of boost to get you out into traffic smoothly and safely. The power is there as well if you go WOT up to its shiftpoint. I would let my GF drive my Jeep without hesitation. The power is very linear which means it drives like stock with +125 hp.
A root style comes on all or none like a light switch and I don't think that's an advantage necessarily compared to a linear power curve. Some do people like that and that's their style. But after one pull there is a bunch of heatsoak especially in hot weather.

Jeep Gladiator Exodus Jeeps install video on Hamburger's Supercharger on their JT Gladiator! comparison

I'll let anyone driver our Gladiator to experience how good a kit it is. I spent a year on the road visiting 200+ shops. A majority were reluctant to do any power adders after past experiences and focused on LS/Hemi swaps. The number one complaint was drivability. Customers spent 6-8k and weren't happy because of how it drove. Didn't shift right or had to lift to shift.
Our drivability and shifting is just like factory.
When the heads of Jeep drove our Gladiator they stated it "drove like it should" and "looked like factory" We are waiting for FCA to open back up in Detroit to finish everything up.
Thank you for this detailed explanation! I do like the fact that it's quiet and apparently doesn't generate the massive heat like a standard supercharger will. Please update this thread when Jeep opens back up and you guys do your finalization. My truck hasn't even started the build yet but when the factory opens and it does I will be highly interested in something like this.

The big thing (other than up front cost) will be how much extra it will run for install.
Wishful thinking here but, are there any incentives... say military/Veteran or sales etc?

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Thank you for this detailed explanation! I do like the fact that it's quiet and apparently doesn't generate the massive heat like a standard supercharger will. Please update this thread when Jeep opens back up and you guys do your finalization. My truck hasn't even started the build yet but when the factory opens and it does I will be highly interested in something like this.

The big thing (other than up front cost) will be how much extra it will run for install.
Wishful thinking here but, are there any incentives... say military/Veteran or sales etc?
We do offer a 5% discount for military at all times. We sometimes offer discounts at shows as well or during the holidays. Most shops charge $800-1000 for install.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We do offer a 5% discount for military at all times. We sometimes offer discounts at shows as well or during the holidays. Most shops charge $800-1000 for install.
Awesome! I'll keep a look out for deals while I wait. Do you guys make it out to Jeep Beach in Florida?

Sponsored

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
This looks very cool. Curious to see how FCA views it. I'm interested but with only 2500 miles on Gladiator I will wait a little bit. I see you are in NJ, I'm located in Lehigh Valley of Pa so having you guys do the install would be best.
Have a few questions, I have a Genesis dual battery kit in my JT and a K&N filter charger kit. I assume the K&N would be removed but wonder if the dual battery kit is okay? I also have an ARB compressor on the driver's firewall and a winch on the steel bumper, would either be an issue?

battery4.jpg

compressor3.jpg

compressor4.jpg

WINCH2.jpg

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This looks very cool. Curious to see how FCA views it. I'm interested but with only 2500 miles on Gladiator I will wait a little bit. I see you are in NJ, I'm located in Lehigh Valley of Pa so having you guys do the install would be best.
Have a few questions, I have a Genesis dual battery kit in my JT and a K&N filter charger kit. I assume the K&N would be removed but wonder if the dual battery kit is okay? I also have an ARB compressor on the driver's firewall and a winch on the steel bumper, would either be an issue?

Jeep Gladiator Exodus Jeeps install video on Hamburger's Supercharger on their JT Gladiator! WINCH2

Jeep Gladiator Exodus Jeeps install video on Hamburger's Supercharger on their JT Gladiator! WINCH2

Piggy backing off this, I was going to get the banks cold air intake right away. Now I'm thinking I should wait and see if they say there are certain brands that fit with this install. I wouldn't do the hamburger right away anyways, but Id still prefer to only have to by a cold air intake once.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation

Only thing that might not fit correctly would be the CAI. We tested them vs stock, drop in filter, and aftermarket. The only difference was the sound. It netted zero hp. You can modify whatever CAI you have to work with it but really only worth looks and sound.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Piggy backing off this, I was going to get the banks cold air intake right away. Now I'm thinking I should wait and see if they say there are certain brands that fit with this install. I wouldn't do the hamburger right away anyways, but Id still prefer to only have to by a cold air intake once.
If looks and sound is your goal then go for it. I would personally do it because it looks better, but not $300-400 looking better is something not everyone wants to do.
Sponsored