Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2020 Gladiator, 2020 Gladiator
Hello,

Been a while since I’ve been on here. Went through a divorce and just stayed away from pretty well anything Jeep.

I can’t tell you about the long evity of the supercharger but here’s what happened. I drove my gladiator for about seven or eight months with no issues and then all of a sudden I started having electrical issues on the dash. Lacewood come on, it wouldn’t shift, etc. etc. I took the jeep to a local dealer and they kept him for two weeks and couldn’t figure it out. I took the jeep to Richard petty racing and they kept it for three weeks and couldn’t fix it. Hamburger supercharger was extremely concerned and very helpful, they sent a rollback down from New Jersey to North Carolina and pick up my jeep. They kept it for two weeks and after two weeks, they thought they had it fixed. I picked it up on a Friday and it was great and then on Saturday, the lights all came back on.

Honestly, I’m not sure it had anything to do with the supercharger or any of the insulation or the wiring. At the end of the day, I traded it in for a raptor and kept the raptor for a year. I’m now back to a diesel gladiator.

Like I said, I can’t imagine that there are any problems with a supercharger south but hamburgers technical support was more than anyone could ask for.

Mark

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2020 Gladiator, 2020 Gladiator
For anyone considering a supercharger, I will tell you this. It definitely helps for daily driving, it makes it much more fun but it didn’t do anything to help me pull my 5500 pound pontoon boat. Even with the supercharger and all the extra horsepower and extra torque, I couldn’t pull my boat over 58 to 62 miles an hour. With the diesel in a tune, I can drive 70 to 75 all day long.

I wouldn’t hesitate at all to put a supercharger on it if it’s just a daily driver. If you plan on towing, I think you’re wasting your money.

Mark

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
For anyone considering a supercharger, I will tell you this. It definitely helps for daily driving, it makes it much more fun but it didn’t do anything to help me pull my 5500 pound pontoon boat. Even with the supercharger and all the extra horsepower and extra torque, I couldn’t pull my boat over 58 to 62 miles an hour. With the diesel in a tune, I can drive 70 to 75 all day long.

I wouldn’t hesitate at all to put a supercharger on it if it’s just a daily driver. If you plan on towing, I think you’re wasting your money.

Mark
That's rhe info I needed. I want power to tow at lower RPM and more confidence. Drives fine as is on daily.

csomberg

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Summit
I'm out shopping for a supercharger and like everything I see for Hamburgers product.

How are things going today for everyone? Is the company still strong and going?

I do have an aftermarket bumper and winch .... any new issues?

Thanks!!

Sponsored

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
With good tuning a supercharger would make that engine a much better work horse.

Jeep all but makes this virtually impossible. I am working on a 22 at the moment, and they have made yet another roubd of foundational changes to the operating system. I am getting it figured out, bit it is so frustrating.

At any rate, if a person came up with an aftermarket controller for the drivetrain, I believe that alone would make the jeep 100% liveable for everyone who enjoys customizing jeeps, which I would think is a significant part of the market segment.

Yeah if you keep it mostly stock especially under the hood, there is a fair chance the controls you have will work with that partucular jeep, and work well. If you have any issues and updates start being made, all bets are off.

I don't think jeep even understands what updates work with what bandaids.

csomberg

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Summit
Thanks for the great write up. I appreciate the suppprt. Now I just have to find someone good in the SF Bay Area to do the install!!!

I will post updates when I get it done.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
Thanks for the great write up. I appreciate the suppprt. Now I just have to find someone good in the SF Bay Area to do the install!!!

I will post updates when I get it done.
What Dave said about updating I believe whole heartily. My ripp supercharger got dyno tuned and I’m really pleased with it. There is no way I’d let the dealership near it with an update to anything that would adjust it. I think the shop did a great job and I don’t want to change anything about that. You get it installed and tuned as best as it can be and leave it the hell alone. For what it’s worth I did have them back my boost down a bit because of the inability to tune the trans. It may not make any difference at all but it makes me sleep better at night and at 340 rwhp I’m content for the truck.

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm out shopping for a supercharger and like everything I see for Hamburgers product.

How are things going today for everyone? Is the company still strong and going?

I do have an aftermarket bumper and winch .... any new issues?

Thanks!!
Better confirm this with hamburger, but my local shop said they recently had an issue with a Hamburger supercharger and they will flat out DENY any claims if you have "oversized" tires
Sponsored