Sponsored

Sprintex supercharger - experience, feedback, review?

Stormtroopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Anyone have the sprintex installed on there JT? Got back from sema show and talked to the guy at the both a bit but would like to hear from real world experience, debating on rehearing for 37s and adding a locker up front or just leaving the 410 and getting the supercharger. Would like to hear your pros and cons if you have experience with this product, Thank you in advance.

https://sprintexsuperchargers.com/collections/jeep-wrangler-jl
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Anyone have the sprintex installed on there JT? Got back from sema show and talked to the guy at the both a bit but would like to hear from real world experience, debating on rehearing for 37s and adding a locker up front or just leaving the 410 and getting the supercharger. Would like to hear your pros and cons if you have experience with this product, Thank you in advance.

Pro’s:
It seems cool that you can just bolt on something and you get tons of power.

Con’s:
Granted I’m speaking on what I’ve seen heard and read, but you never seem to hear any reviews six months, a year, two years, 50,000 or 100,000 miles down the road of how good a decision it was to put a supercharger or turbo charger on a 3.6.

Instead, we read posts on how it runs like shit or it’s sped up the deterioration of the motor and the motor failed.

Recommendation:
Enjoy it for what it is, save your pennies and go a conversion down the road.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd

I see you have a 21 JT, you'll need to verify it even works for your version of the PCM.
From the listing itself -
Note: For 2021 and onward, verify whether your PCM Connectors are on the side or the top of PCM. Currently. ONLY SIDE CONNECTOR PCMs are supported .

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Pro’s:
It seems cool that you can just bolt on something and you get tons of power.
This one doesn’t come with tuning, not even a generic file. You’ll have to take it to a shop that can figure it out before it will even run.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one doesn’t come with tuning, not even a generic file. You’ll have to take it to a shop that can figure it out before it will even run.
Wow. Wouldn’t touch it anyway, but they’re basically alleviating themselves from any liability so they can put the blame on the tuner.

RUN-FOREST-RUN!!!!

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Con’s:
Granted I’m speaking on what I’ve seen heard and read, but you never seem to hear any reviews six months, a year, two years, 50,000 or 100,000 miles down the road of how good a decision it was to put a supercharger or turbo charger on a 3.6.
Shows what you know.

There are many of us who have been running supercharger for well over a year and we offer advice and reviews all the time.

I love the extra power from my supercharger. I can pull out and pass slow vehicles without getting run over. I can go from zero to 60 faster than a Volkswagon Bug. The gutless wonder suddenly has power.

Without the supercharger, my gutless wonder probably would have been sitting on a sales lot.

There are a few cons, and there is a fair amount of risk. I know people who ran Magnuson superchargers for 30 to 40 thousand miles with no damage. As for the VVL lobes flattening, that happens supercharger or not. It may be accelerated with the supercharger, it may not. I have seen no evidence that suggests the incorrectly assembled motor only comes apart when a supercharger is added. Actually I have seen many many users without superchargers and the same issue.

That said, tuning this engine is super difficult. Read all of the content in the forced induction section. Know your tolerance for risk. If you choose to do it be aware of the risks.

If you just want some additional pickup, you might consider re-gearing to 4.56 or 4.88.

Enjoy your Jeep, whatever you decide.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shows what you know.

There are many of us who have been running supercharger for well over a year and we offer advice and reviews all the time.

I love the extra power from my supercharger. I can pull out and pass slow vehicles without getting run over. I can go from zero to 60 faster than a Volkswagon Bug. The gutless wonder suddenly has power.

Without the supercharger, my gutless wonder probably would have been sitting on a sales lot.

There are a few cons, and there is a fair amount of risk. I know people who ran Magnuson superchargers for 30 to 40 thousand miles with no damage. As for the VVL lobes flattening, that happens supercharger or not. It may be accelerated with the supercharger, it may not. I have seen no evidence that suggests the incorrectly assembled motor only comes apart when a supercharger is added. Actually I have seen many many users without superchargers and the same issue.

That said, tuning this engine is super difficult. Read all of the content in the forced induction section. Know your tolerance for risk. If you choose to do it be aware of the risks.

If you just want some additional pickup, you might consider re-gearing to 4.56 or 4.88.

Enjoy your Jeep, whatever you decide.
Well nanner-nanner-boo-boo to you.

It’s not something I’d consider as I now have the 3.0, but if I ever get another gasser, depending on what little tricks they have up their sleeves with a v or I 6…I would look at more cubes.

I’m in this forum more than I’d like to admit, and I really have not ever come across a post or a YT vid for that matter that is a success story. Congrats on your setup and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you🙂

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding, from reading the posts in that forum section, is the resident tuning expert has given up on support for supercharging the V6. That is enough for me to no longer consider it a viable option. It's no speed demon, but I have found the factory V6 to be adequate for my needs. I can get up to 90 quick enough to pass traffic when necessary.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
From what I've read across both the forums and youtube, the 3.6 just isn't built for boost. Sure it seems fine, but everyone from SC1Dave to Lite Brite always seems to blow up sooner or later.

Even the Dana 44 can't seem to handle the extra power when you add stuff like 37's to the mix.

My take, it's a Jeep, you're better off saving your cash on "Go Fast" and putting them towards "Go Anywhere".

Jeep Gladiator Sprintex supercharger - experience, feedback, review? IMG_4633.JPG

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
The sprintex hardware is a pretty decent kit. The supercharger definitely makes its presence known. Sounds good though.

I have been working with Sprintex and doing some research on the 3.6L as I have two of them sitting in my shop.

I have put together an ultra conservative tune for them, that still allows you to have some lower end grunt, but basically does not rely on the cam timing or throttle model to control boost. Both of those functions have some serious flaws stock.

I use the torque model and cut fuel and timing now, like back in the olden days. Not quite the hard charge to recline in the glory days of the Magnuson stuff, but better than stock.

I have not committed to working with them, cause I have a full time job I have been at for 20 years designing this type of stuff.

My truck and the other one have been repaired with new 3.6s in my shop, and with my own hands. They are pretty much in better than delivered shape. No forced induction at the moment.

If mine was not my daily driver, I would probably put the SC back on, but it is just consuming too much time. Every time I drive it or look at it, I cannot stop coming up with things to try, to monitor, to study.

That is a hard road to go with a Family and full time job.

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I actually had a Sema pass to be in the Sprintex booth. Family obligations kept me from going. Daughter's Volley Ball team qualified for State. Really cannot miss that stuff!
Sponsored