Hamburger's Supercharger experience?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Forced induction can be a great equalizer. The biggest hang up is the tuning. To make things even more complex on the on the 3.6L is the control strategies used to feed it fuel. These can allow you to utilize almost every last once of the practical power, they can also allow things to skew sideways quickly. Bring in high cylinder pressures and quick engine speeds, and conservative tuning makes sense from a business perspective. Introducing power at high RPMs and throttle positions is smart as the engine is use to extreme loading and fuel amounts in these areas. Your just pushing capability at this point not changing the load cycle. I can give plenty of examples forced induction is a great mediator of power. I love a rowdy bog block dont get me wrong, but modern power density is not lost on me.

Advertisement

FLUndertaker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Forced induction can be a great equalizer. The biggest hang up is the tuning. To make things even more complex on the on the 3.6L is the control strategies used to feed it fuel. These can allow you to utilize almost every last once of the practical power, they can also allow things to skew sideways quickly. Bring in high cylinder pressures and quick engine speeds, and conservative tuning makes sense from a business perspective. Introducing power at high RPMs and throttle positions is smart as the engine is use to extreme loading and fuel amounts in these areas. Your just pushing capability at this point not changing the load cycle. I can give plenty of examples forced induction is a great mediator of power. I love a rowdy bog block dont get me wrong, but modern power density is not lost on me.
I think you are agreeing with me but I could be wrong....

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the most part. Ingpt lost in thought, I apologize. I think once I am finished with my forced induced engine it will be a close second.

Gvsskier

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
Davecs1, I’d love to gain further insights into your tuning efforts. I think the manual transmission exacerbates the tuning issue. I’m on the 4th tuning file as of today and the Tuner is certainly improving lower rpm drive ability but it’s still not smooth unless I open the throttle up and 3rd gear or higher and the engine spins above 2800 rpm. Would you be interested in receiving a copy of file #4?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, I can look at it. Have you tried my EVO 6.8 file on the Magnuson thread? My opinion is the manual trans simplifies things greatly as there is one less torque model to battle and about 100 less tables

Gvsskier

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
I haven't see your EVO 6.8 file yet but will get on it in the morning (pacific zone). Im really encouraged to hear you feel manual is simpler. I can't attach the file to this message. How about emailing?

Advertisement

Advertisement