Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tesla
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Details would be awesome.
Had Hamburger SC installed. Drove it home, something was off. Next morning rough idle and engine light on. Took back to installer, 3 weeks trouble shooting! Back and forth with Hamburger.
Finally they said it was a bad injector.
Drove like a champ for 8k miles, then starts to falter, stutter, hesitate a easy acceleration.
Then all hell broke loose. Engine light, 4wd light, Auto start stop light. and went into limp mode.
Called installer, they wanted nothing to do with me. Called Hamburger they said send ECM to check flash, which was fine. Re installed ECM, Jeep ran fine for about 5miles then the usual lights nd limp mode. At one point while going slow out of parking spot it went out of gear and the D symbol flashed and was told to put in park.
Flatbeded to shop, could not get off truck bed, had to shimmy off!
Problem ECM not grounded. Ran for another 250 miles and then same problems again.
I gave up. Sure I could get a lawyer but would have to sue everyone, Jeep, Hamburger and Karnage. Not worth the hassle. I could rant and give bad press to the parties involved but I don't role that way.
So I'm putting the Hemi in. I would never feel safe taking out my Jeep with the original engine.
Expensive peace of mind but vrooooooom!
and that's my story.
Sponsored

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
Had Hamburger SC installed. Drove it home, something was off. Next morning rough idle and engine light on. Took back to installer, 3 weeks trouble shooting! Back and forth with Hamburger.
Drove like a champ for 8k miles, then starts to falter, stutter, hesitate a easy acceleration.
Then all hell broke loose. Engine light, 4wd light, Auto start stop light. and went into limp mode.
Called installer, they wanted nothing to do with me. Called Hamburger they said send ECM to check flash, which was fine. Re installed ECM, Jeep ran fine for about 5miles then the usual lights nd limp mode. At one point while going slow out of parking spot it went out of gear and the D symbol flashed and was told to put in park.
Problem ECM not grounded. Ran for another 250 miles and then same problems again.
I gave up. Sure I could get a lawyer but would have to sue everyone, Jeep, Hamburger and Karnage. Not worth the hassle. I could rant and give bad press to the parties involved but I don't role that way.
So I'm putting the Hemi in. I would never feel safe taking out my Jeep with the original engine.
and that's my story.
It would have been interesting to see what cel codes it was actually tripping but hindsight now. Either way enjoy the Hemi and good luck this time around !

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
and that's my story.
And you’d sue jeep for....what, exactly?

OP
OP
sbmud15

sbmud15

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tesla
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
And you’d sue jeep for....what, exactly?
Whose to say the problem has anything to do with SC? What if its a warrantied problem and they don't honor it ? I've read people having problems similar, one even documented on Youtube. that does not have a SC. Google Gladiator problems.

OP
OP
sbmud15

sbmud15

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tesla
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
check out carcomplaints.com #9 describes my situation to a T

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Good luck with the body off frame; motor, trans, and wiring harness swap. đź‘Ť

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
and that's my story.
When it was running well, was accelleration smooth? I had to swap my PCM in/out several times (Livernois) so I checked YouTube first and saw a video which made a point to show the PCM ground lug sandwiched between the PCM and the mounting bracket. However, on my 2020, the lug was factory installed between the mounting bolt and the PCM body. Just sayin'.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Good info for those considering a SC. Cool that you are putting a Hemi in your JT but if I was in your shoes I would sell the JT and get a TRX or Raptor for the same money.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Put a SC in my 2020 Gladiator. 3wks to troubleshoot before I could take it home. Ran for 8k miles no problem. Then, problems. All kinds. No one would work on it.
Dealer said "later" ,the installer didn't return my calls. No one in the area has the HP tuner. Sent ECM to SC company, found nothing.
Now its at Rubitrux getting a Hemi!
Supercharger for sale. LOL
We expect progress reports on the swap. Pictures, audio clips, and customer service experience. Thanks

Deleted member 22728

So, any specific details as to drivability, feedback, tired of making payments, buyers remorse, kids at the bar making fun, etc?

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
What is the average cost of a supercharger vs hemi swap?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What is the average cost of a supercharger vs hemi swap?
No first hand knowledge but from what I have read on here in rough numbers, $10k for SC, $30k for 5.7 Hemi.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
check out carcomplaints.com #9 describes my situation to a T
The way you linked, we stood no chance of viewing whatever you were looking at.

As far as warranty, you voided your warranty when you had someone install the supercharger. That required overwriting the software in the ECM. At that point, FCA was no longer liable for anything that went wrong with your engine behavior electronically. For you to win a case in court, you would need someone to have determined what the root cause of the problem is. Something you seem incapable of finding.

This could be a ground problem, a programming problem, or it could just be that the vehicle learning curve took the program to a place where the ECM didn't know what to do it was so far out of parameters.

You modify it, all repair liability becomes yours.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ive got so many questions. “No one in my area had hp tuners” huh? Its everywhere.

“Problems. All kinds?” What happened?” “Problems” ok....

“No one would work on it” ........ok

“Im ready to sue everyone on the planet because of how sure i am of my case, but ill just drop $35k on a hemi instead.”

I wonder if @itsdapk can shed any light on this because im ĂĽber curious what the rest of the story is.
Sponsored