Sponsored

Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
Another question.
The Australian JT owner posted the image of his LED tail lamp connector and it had 11 wires on. 5 are used by the blind spot/cross detection/proximity sensor (according to Oracle's video on moving the sensor between the lamps). 5 are used for the LEDs themselves:
  1. running
  2. reverse
  3. turn
  4. brake
  5. negative
what is the 11th used for?
does anyone know? Are there Jeep's diagrams of the connectors available on the Internet?
Cheers guys
I've had success here for wiring and plug diagrams:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
Sponsored

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
There's also an extra wire on the euros that gets wired to the BCM, so I don't think trying that with US tails would narrow anything down for us, but fresh idea's are always welcomed, thanks
Yeah, so when you turn on EU mode from the TazerJL
your stock US LED lights in the rear will NOT signal at all...
Parking lights work, and the Brake Light works.
Idk if that helps, but I guess any information is good information!

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
Hey Gang,

I'm looking for some help identifying part numbers for the side repeater (side mirror blinker) jumper wires. I thought I had the right part number and went ahead and ordered 68309822AE & 68349555AE, however these are the wrong ones, just for fun this is what they look like in the packaging:
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator wrong jumper wires
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator wrong wires

Now, I'm trying to find the jumper wire that plugs into the back of the light module, the plug backside of the marker lights looks like this:

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator backside of marker light

And in the interest of completeness, the part numbers for the side repeaters are 68361956AA & 68361957AA.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the plugs or jumper wires that power these lights? For context, I intend to run these back to the BCM and activate them using JSCAN.

Thanks!

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey Gang,

I'm looking for some help identifying part numbers for the side repeater (side mirror blinker) jumper wires. I thought I had the right part number and went ahead and ordered 68309822AE & 68349555AE, however these are the wrong ones, just for fun this is what they look like in the packaging:

Now, I'm trying to find the jumper wire that plugs into the back of the light module, the plug backside of the marker lights looks like this:

And in the interest of completeness, the part numbers for the side repeaters are 68361956AA & 68361957AA.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the plugs or jumper wires that power these lights? For context, I intend to run these back to the BCM and activate them using JSCAN.

Thanks!
Hey I’ll look up what I have, but if you run it back to the BCM and activate it in the JScan you will turn off the halo rings of your headlights.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
Oh, that's weird I didn't know that, how is that connection made in JSCAN? Was hoping these adaptations would just turn them on:

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator side repeaters adaptation

If that's the case I may splice into something else. I like the halos.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Question, is it possible to rewire
/rep in the gladiator to allow the us spec tail lights to function like the euro spec?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Question, is it possible to rewire
/rep in the gladiator to allow the us spec tail lights to function like the euro spec?
It is possible. I finally was able to get my hands on a complete wiring harness. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get all the euro spec light parts working like OEM sometime over the summer.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Great thread, I like how yall are working through this

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
while I have not finished wiring mine here is the situation;
Euro LEDs with sensors installed in place on US LEDs with sensors - US functionality retained; red turn signals work as they are the same as brake lights - basically a blinking brake light. Amber turn signals do not work.
All i need to do is to run an extra wire from the BCM to the lights and reprogram using JScan. What this will do: the wire will connect the BCM with the amber lights and the reprogramming will change the turn signal input from being pushed to the red brake light to being pushed to the amber turn light. This is the theory verified in practice by the guys at jScan. I will do the rewiring and reprogramming while back in the US next January.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
while I have not finished wiring mine here is the situation;
Euro LEDs with sensors installed in place on US LEDs with sensors - US functionality retained; red turn signals work as they are the same as brake lights - basically a blinking brake light. Amber turn signals do not work.
All i need to do is to run an extra wire from the BCM to the lights and reprogram using JScan. What this will do: the wire will connect the BCM with the amber lights and the reprogramming will change the turn signal input from being pushed to the red brake light to being pushed to the amber turn light. This is the theory verified in practice by the guys at jScan. I will do the rewiring and reprogramming while back in the US next January.
That's exactly what I did, I wired an extra wire from the ambers (pin3 I think on the tail) to the BCM and had no luck. I do have a sport that originally came with halogens so not sure if that will be the determining factor. I worked with JSCAN for a couple months and tried every option they gave me. At the end of the convo they told me that they successfully did it on "euro-like" taillights, not OEM euros for the JT/JL so I lost hope. Side note, I was able to activate the amber turn signal when using "activations" but never got it to stick with the "adaptations" in JSCAN. For reference: activation is like testing it, adaption permanently sets it.

Oh, that's weird I didn't know that, how is that connection made in JSCAN? Was hoping these adaptations would just turn them on:

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator side repeaters adaptation

If that's the case I may splice into something else. I like the halos.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, I wired each mirror through the firewalls (one on driver side, one on passenger) and tapped into the front DRL. I originally did parking lights so they are always on but just recently tapped into the turn signals.

Sponsored

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
That's exactly what I did, I wired an extra wire from the ambers (pin3 I think on the tail) to the BCM and had no luck. I do have a sport that originally came with halogens so not sure if that will be the determining factor. I worked with JSCAN for a couple months and tried every option they gave me. At the end of the convo they told me that they successfully did it on "euro-like" taillights, not OEM euros for the JT/JL so I lost hope. Side note, I was able to activate the amber turn signal when using "activations" but never got it to stick with the "adaptations" in JSCAN. For reference: activation is like testing it, adaption permanently sets it.

Yeah, I wired each mirror through the firewalls (one on driver side, one on passenger) and tapped into the front DRL. I originally did parking lights so they are always on but just recently tapped into the turn signals.
Thanks, I decided on tapping the blinkers as well. Found you on IG, nice Camaro btw.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
.....Side note, I was able to activate the amber turn signal when using "activations" but never got it to stick with the "adaptations" in JSCAN. For reference: activation is like testing it, adaption permanently sets it.
This is great to know in case I will have troubles getting the ambers to work using the JScan's recommended method. Thx much for that

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Wow, this was quite the thread! I just kept assuming the next page would work it all out ha...

They do in theory look great, but the 16 page read has scared me off for now 🙈 ;)

Gametech

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (Launch Edition)
Occupation
Auto worker
Hi was watching this for a while here is mine it is as close to euro as I can get it. I am using a jl tazer and tapping off the chmsl for the brake light that goes out when the turn signal comes on hope this inspires everyone