First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
I think it might be regulatory so people don’t forget babies or children in the back seat.
haha sad but true... "did I leave my child in my backseat? hold on let me check my evic"

I remember hearing on the news one day that they urged parents to leave something important like a shoe or wallet in the backseat so you don't forget your kid.... hmmm

Looking at the wires... you can add them in haha. i'll wait for @JTRUBI to kick this install off first

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1612406648673
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
haha. While it is cool, I have no kids so it would be totally useless to me lol. I don’t think I’ve had anyone ever sit in the back seat yet.

I’m still waiting for a warm enough day to just run the wiring for the rear foglamps lol.

Btw did you figure out the tail lights :p

haha sad but true... "did I leave my child in my backseat? hold on let me check my evic"

I remember hearing on the news one day that they urged parents to leave something important like a shoe or wallet in the backseat so you don't forget your kid.... hmmm

Looking at the wires... you can add them in haha. i'll wait for @JTRUBI to kick this install off first

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1612406648673

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
haha. While it is cool, I have no kids so it would be totally useless to me lol. I don’t think I’ve had anyone ever sit in the back seat yet.

I’m still waiting for a warm enough day to just run the wiring for the rear foglamps lol.

Btw did you figure out the tail lights :p
slowed down a little bit. I thought I was making good progress with JSCAN but a little disappointed. He mentioned he did the euro conversion on his JL so I was working all week with him. He was telling me all the settings he had, I picked up a set of resistors bc he said his lights came with them. Then after a week he tells me his are knockoffs

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
slowed down a little bit. I thought I was making good progress with JSCAN but a little disappointed. He mentioned he did the euro conversion on his JL so I was working all week with him. He was telling me all the settings he had, I picked up a set of resistors bc he said his lights came with them. Then after a week he tells me his are knockoffs
Ah shoot. That’s a PITA.
My lights were supposed to show up this week but looks like the passenger side is pushed back until next week now. So hoping it shows up soon.

I did see a video where I believe it is quake LED tail lights and they get the Amber signals working on there’s by running a wire to the front and taping into the OEM front signal wire. They have a connector that makes it plug and play.

If we can’t figure it out to make it work like OEM, that’s my back up plan.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ah shoot. That’s a PITA.
My lights were supposed to show up this week but looks like the passenger side is pushed back until next week now. So hoping it shows up soon.

I did see a video where I believe it is quake LED tail lights and they get the Amber signals working on there’s by running a wire to the front and taping into the OEM front signal wire. They have a connector that makes it plug and play.

If we can’t figure it out to make it work like OEM, that’s my back up plan.
that's actually a great idea... just wire to the front signals. I've been digging so deep into wiring that I tend to overlook the easier routes. I will have to give that a try. thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
that's actually a great idea... just wire to the front signals. I've been digging so deep into wiring that I tend to overlook the easier routes. I will have to give that a try. thanks
This is the video I saw it on.
It’s a horrible video with ugly lights but it’s a good idea.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is the video I saw it on.
It’s a horrible video with ugly lights but it’s a good idea.

so good news(i think)/bad news

bad news: it's not going to be as simple as taping into the front turns. I'm not 100% why, but I just tried it and no luck. I was hoping the 1 wire would strictly control the amber turns on the tail, but it does not. And changing any settings in JSCAN would give us a turn signal bulb out message. Even if there was a perfect setup, I think we would have both the top and bottom as turn signals (red and amber) which would be odd.

The somewhat good news. I have to fully check it out but I think all those quake parts would get us to where we need to be... the hacker, splitter, turn tap and 3rd brake light tap.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link

bad news: it's not going to be as simple as taping into the front turns. I'm not 100% why, but I just tried it and no luck. I was hoping the 1 wire would strictly control the amber turns on the tail, but it does not. And changing any settings in JSCAN would give us a turn signal bulb out message. Even if there was a perfect setup, I think we would have both the top and bottom as turn signals (red and amber) which would be odd.

The somewhat good news. I have to fully check it out but I think all those quake parts would get us to where we need to be... the hacker, splitter, turn tap and 3rd brake light tap.
Hmm. Ok that makes sense. I’m surprised that one wire to the turn signal doesn’t power it. I’ll have to check as well once I receive the correct lights.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hmm. Ok that makes sense. I’m surprised that one wire to the turn signal doesn’t power it. I’ll have to check as well once I receive the correct lights.
right, I was doubting my wiring at first. But then looking into quake, in order to get the amber sequential to work, you have to use all those parts i mentioned above. (hacker, splitter, turn tap and 3rd brake light tap) If it was as simple as taping into the front turn signal they would've just used the turn tap harness and nothing else. while it's positive, it will be more $ if true.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
right, I was doubting my wiring at first. But then looking into quake, in order to get the amber sequential to work, you have to use all those parts i mentioned above. (hacker, splitter, turn tap and 3rd brake light tap) If it was as simple as taping into the front turn signal they would've just used the turn tap harness and nothing else. while it's positive, it will be more $ if true.
Man the do make it super complicated to just swap lights on these things. I thought it would be just a swap and a reflash and maybe some wiring. But man this is significantly more than I thought.

Sponsored

Hbfieldii

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter

so I have these tail lights. And I wired it the way that video goes. And I still had to go into JScan and edit things. Because the brake lights and blinkers still flashed together like. Red brakes and amber blinkers flashed together. But once Ifigured out what had time in and off. The Quake tails work great. (I went from halogen tails to quake led)

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
what did you edit ?

so I have these tail lights. And I wired it the way that video goes. And I still had to go into JScan and edit things. Because the brake lights and blinkers still flashed together like. Red brakes and amber blinkers flashed together. But once Ifigured out what had time in and off. The Quake tails work great. (I went from halogen tails to quake led)

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ok so I just got my correct lights and honestly love how they look. I obviously still need to wire it up so the ambers are the signals. Currently the brake and signal are the upper red section. The only thing is on the dash it will hyper blink and sometimes says I have a taillight out. But it is still working.
Haven’t adjusted anything in JSCAN yet.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator D2DAA642-311C-4936-861B-CC2E87D3BC73
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 4A1CD55F-D972-4EFF-B693-63650AFDE7D7
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 08BC49E0-BE8C-44B4-B2E3-AF2EE0E6DACC
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator F97FAE40-2045-4114-9051-FDD321D43BA3

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey man, any luck on the tail lights wiring ?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey man, any luck on the tail lights wiring ?
Actually haven't tried any other solutions yet.... was waiting for you to figure this one out haha
Sponsored