Sponsored

Extreme Terrain: Fool me once, shame on you….

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
They managed to fool me twice.

Let me preface this tale with a disclaimer: This was MY experience, not yours. You may OR may not have had a similar experience, you may or may not like this vendor. I’m posting this as a cautionary message for those who wish to be informed on what purchasing from Extreme Terrain may be like.

I have purchased from them in the past, and each purchase was uneventful.

These most recent 2 purchases were
1) purchased some Rough Country neoprene seat covers. I contacted them when I received shipment. Upon inspection I noticed that there was a seat cover (bottom driver) and two head rest covers damaged. Seat cover had some very deep dimples (almost pushed through the material) and pulls (same areas) in a few different spots on the cover. 2 head rests had material pulls in them.
I was instructed to install them to see if the heat from the sun helped to “smoothed” the dimples out. Result was it did help slightly, but there was a small pull in the material on each dimple, and they did not come completely smooth.
Headrests were rear on window side, so those were not the end of the world.
I requested a single replacement cover for the driver seat bottom, and was told to remove all seat covers, and return them all.
After much debate, they would simply not send a replacement cover-they wanted the ENTIRE set back.
I have to uninstall
3-4 days shipping
2-3 days processing return (per policy)
3-4 days new product shipping ASSUMING IN STOCK
I have to install again

I had issue with it being an roughly 13 pieces for the set, there is a strong likelihood I may get a damaged cover again after all this hassle. I again requested a single seat cover replacement. They stood by their policy. I chose not to go through the hassle. They win round 1

2) DV8 bumper
Last Friday I purchased an open box item from the website. It was a bumper with no hardware, and a scratch on it. They literally post pictures of the specific item on the listing so they can enforce “ALL SALES FINAL”
Cool. I was fine with my the scratch (was going to powder coat anyways), and missing hardware is ok by me👍🏻
I purchase, received confirmation of payment, and a link to track the item. It was supposed to ship last Friday.
This morning 8:15am I received a cancellation of purchase. Apparently “ALL SALES FINAL” is only if you buy from them. They can post the item multiple times, and cancel without explanation.

I called customer service and they are all over the place making excuses. I explained it was a specific item I purchased, they even post pics of the exact item-so I’m not sure what the issue is. Still as of now I have no logical explanation for this. If the regular inventory item was not in stock….ok. But they have limited open box items, each priced accordingly with pics. I had to check 2 boxes acknowledging “ALL SALES FINAL”. Apparently that is not the case

Just posting my experience with a vendor that seems to not really be able to deliver what they are selling.
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate this sort of feedback as well the good ones… 👍🏻

OP
OP
SWFLGladiator

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up.
Had Extreme Terrain customer service call me today. No surprise as to the outcome. I am still without the item I purchased.
The call was just as insulting, and the agent was just as ignorant as I expected. At least that was predictable...
They couldn’t even differentiate between the different orders that I have placed with them over time. I’m guessing they will just attach another “_____________.com” to the business, and funnel unsuspecting customers that way.

Conclusion: I’ll deal with the aftermath of their inability to follow through with my “ALL SALES FINAL” order, and ultimately end up replacing my current bumper with a stock bumper because of this fiasco. The art of Customer Service seems to be nonexistent.

Also, I’m a bit disappointed this thread was buried. I feel vendor feedback should be promoted to help others from getting screwed. This is my opinion, not yours 😉

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Mine was no better. I've ordered from them once. Two items, molle front seat covers advertised as coming with molle bags, and a Weathertech rear seat cover for my dog. The front seat covers came with no molle bags. When I emailed them asking if they could just send me the molle bags, they offered a return or $30 credit. I took the credit because I'd gone through the hassle of installing. On to the rear seat covers. I bought them as new and these were an open box that had clearly been used. As in, I could tell what color dog the last person had and they were a bit faded. I plan on getting them in the sun and having my own dog on them, but when you buy something as "new in box," you expect to get that. Extreme Terrain has gotten the last dollar it ever will from me. Shame, because they have a lot of products I want for my Jeep.

Edited to add: After your purchase, you'll probably get a questionnaire from a 3rd party company asking you to rate them. Hopefully people who bad experiences will do that as well and it will impact how they do business.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SWFLGladiator

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Mine was no better. I've ordered from them once. Two items, molle front seat covers advertised as coming with molle bags, and a Weathertech rear seat cover for my dog. The front seat covers came with no molle bags. When I emailed them asking if they could just send me the molle bags, they offered a return or $30 credit. I took the credit because I'd gone through the hassle of installing. On to the rear seat covers. I bought them as new and these were an open box that had clearly been used. As in, I could tell what color dog the last person had and they were a bit faded. I mean, I plan on getting them in the sun and having my own dog on them, but when you buy something as "new in box," you expect to get that. Extreme Terrain has gotten the last dollar it ever will from me. Shame, because they have a lot of products I want for my Jeep.

After your purchase, you'll probably get a questionnaire from a 3rd party company asking you to rate them. Hopefully people who bad experiences will do that as well.

I did have positive past purchases. My current aftermarket bumper was purchased from them, and also a few small accessories.
My new in box purchase recently were the RC seat covers. The product itself I’m really happy with. Me having to accept a damaged seat cover (and head rests) due to their ridiculous return policy should have been an indication to not do business with that company again. They were new in box

The open box item i fully understood the deal with buying “open box”. I accepted all liability if the item showed up AS DESCRIBED, and I had change of heart. I did not. They did not ship.
It is actually the opposite. I committed to selling my current bumper on my rig to someone, and now I’m going to be stuck putting my stock bumper back on because they did not follow through. I committed to selling something, and I’m not backing out of my commitment.

Please keep in mind it was supposed to ship to me last Friday. I received notice yesterday it was canceled. Maybe they should hire a new inventory manager🤷🏻‍♂️

rafael004

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gobi gladiator
Occupation
gc
They managed to fool me twice.

Let me preface this tale with a disclaimer: This was MY experience, not yours. You may OR may not have had a similar experience, you may or may not like this vendor. I’m posting this as a cautionary message for those who wish to be informed on what purchasing from Extreme Terrain may be like.

I have purchased from them in the past, and each purchase was uneventful.

These most recent 2 purchases were
1) purchased some Rough Country neoprene seat covers. I contacted them when I received shipment. Upon inspection I noticed that there was a seat cover (bottom driver) and two head rest covers damaged. Seat cover had some very deep dimples (almost pushed through the material) and pulls (same areas) in a few different spots on the cover. 2 head rests had material pulls in them.
I was instructed to install them to see if the heat from the sun helped to “smoothed” the dimples out. Result was it did help slightly, but there was a small pull in the material on each dimple, and they did not come completely smooth.
Headrests were rear on window side, so those were not the end of the world.
I requested a single replacement cover for the driver seat bottom, and was told to remove all seat covers, and return them all.
After much debate, they would simply not send a replacement cover-they wanted the ENTIRE set back.
I have to uninstall
3-4 days shipping
2-3 days processing return (per policy)
3-4 days new product shipping ASSUMING IN STOCK
I have to install again

I had issue with it being an roughly 13 pieces for the set, there is a strong likelihood I may get a damaged cover again after all this hassle. I again requested a single seat cover replacement. They stood by their policy. I chose not to go through the hassle. They win round 1

2) DV8 bumper
Last Friday I purchased an open box item from the website. It was a bumper with no hardware, and a scratch on it. They literally post pictures of the specific item on the listing so they can enforce “ALL SALES FINAL”
Cool. I was fine with my the scratch (was going to powder coat anyways), and missing hardware is ok by me👍🏻
I purchase, received confirmation of payment, and a link to track the item. It was supposed to ship last Friday.
This morning 8:15am I received a cancellation of purchase. Apparently “ALL SALES FINAL” is only if you buy from them. They can post the item multiple times, and cancel without explanation.

I called customer service and they are all over the place making excuses. I explained it was a specific item I purchased, they even post pics of the exact item-so I’m not sure what the issue is. Still as of now I have no logical explanation for this. If the regular inventory item was not in stock….ok. But they have limited open box items, each priced accordingly with pics. I had to check 2 boxes acknowledging “ALL SALES FINAL”. Apparently that is not the case

Just posting my experience with a vendor that seems to not really be able to deliver what they are selling.
yes i had the same experience with two arb lights
Sponsored