Sponsored

Fabtech 3 inch Sport Lift

George5man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
is anyone running this lift with just the shock extenders?

Fabtech Part #: K4159

I'd be interested to hear what you think. Im slightly cautious due to no track bar or lower control arms but could add those later if needed.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

I'd be interested to hear what you think. Im slightly cautious due to no track bar or lower control arms but could add those later if needed.
I haven't used this kit, but I have been using Fabtech suspensions for over 15 years. Excellent products. Looks like a decent setup.

Amazon has that same kit for less than $600...

https://www.amazon.com/Fabtech-K4159-Sport-System-Extension/dp/B07XDN9YTT

OP
OP

George5man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't used this kit, but I have been using Fabtech suspensions for over 15 years. Excellent products. Looks like a decent setup.

Amazon has that same kit for less than $600...

https://www.amazon.com/Fabtech-K4159-Sport-System-Extension/dp/B07XDN9YTT
Nice find. Im trying to work with an installer on getting a good price but this may be the ticket. I know Fabtech is well known, I just hope this isn't too much lift to maintain a relatively smooth ride.

I see you're running the skyjacker and some upgrades. Any recommendations if i went that route?

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel

I'm running the Fabtech Sport II 3" Lift, and I added fox shocks, adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. It works well.

Jeep Gladiator Fabtech 3 inch Sport Lift 0A4D6D73-0C28-465E-BFE1-AB161D3770BF_1_201_a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice find. Im trying to work with an installer on getting a good price but this may be the ticket. I know Fabtech is well known, I just hope this isn't too much lift to maintain a relatively smooth ride.

I see you're running the skyjacker and some upgrades. Any recommendations if i went that route?
The Skyjacker is a great kit! One of the best spacer kits I've installed on a truck. If you're on a tight budget, or don't want to go full-spring setup, the Skyjacker kit is an excellent option. 2.5" front, 1" rear. It's a great kit. Everyone that has it seems to be really happy with the results.

I'm actually going to be removing the Skyjacker kit in the near future. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. It's a great spacer kit. I just prefer to run full-spring lifts. And at the time I got my JTR, I had a lot of debt, so I didn't have a lot to spend on a lift. Now that I've gotten most of that debt situated, I could afford to slowly buy all the parts for my real lift. I'm going to be removing everything, and installing an EVO Mfg. 2.5" Stage 2 Plus suspension.

http://evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/Jeep-Gladiator-JT/Suspension Systems/Jeep - Gladiator- JT - Suspension-Systems/EVO MFG Jeep Gladiator JT Enforcer Suspension ?product_id=494

Sponsored

OP
OP

George5man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running the Fabtech Sport II 3" Lift, and I added fox shocks, adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. It works well.

Jeep Gladiator Fabtech 3 inch Sport Lift 0A4D6D73-0C28-465E-BFE1-AB161D3770BF_1_201_a
That looks great. I was considering getting the rear springs as well, but thought the spacers were ok for my application of light duty offroading.

Were you able to order the front track bar and rear brackets separately from them or did you go with someone else? Would you say the rear is required or did you do it in anticipation of it being off?

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
That looks great. I was considering getting the rear springs as well, but thought the spacers were ok for my application of light duty offroading.

Were you able to order the front track bar and rear brackets separately from them or did you go with someone else? Would you say the rear is required or did you do it in anticipation of it being off?
I got the relocation bracket from rock krawler, and the rubicon express hd adjustable track bar. You will be fine with the spacers in the rear, I've had them on jeeps in the past with no issues.

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

My truck is currently at Fabtech for some R&D. Not sure what they plan on changing to their current suspension offering but from my understanding it may have to do with different spring rates and some other changes possibly. I will post updates once I get my truck back.

OP
OP

George5man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck is currently at Fabtech for some R&D. Not sure what they plan on changing to their current suspension offering but from my understanding it may have to do with different spring rates and some other changes possibly. I will post updates once I get my truck back.
Interesting. Did you have this lift on before them taking it in for R&D?

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Interesting. Did you have this lift on before them taking it in for R&D?
No. I was surprised that they needed a test vehicle considering they already offered a lift for this truck. Sounds like it they may offer multiple options or multiple kits.

Sponsored

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or r&D could mean runs to Chick-fil-A to pick up lunch for everybody and putting a liner in the bed of your truck and making it a hot tub for the Fabtech team to use after work.

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase

What size tires do you have on?
Sponsored