Factory bed liner

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Sport package came with factory bedliner. There are two small hole openings on each side. I can feel a bolt in there but don’t know if there are cargo hooks behind it. I would hate to cut a circle around those holes for nothing?
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Where is this your looking and why cutting holes?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Sport package came with factory bedliner. There are two small hole openings on each side. I can feel a bolt in there but don’t know if there are cargo hooks behind it. I would hate to cut a circle around those holes for nothing?
How hard is it to lift up or remove the bedliner? Mine came with the factory spray-in bedliner. I have a tie down loop in each corner.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The holes are for your forward tie-down loops to bolt through.

Lift the drop-in liner out to see if the loops are under.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Wow, someone half-assed that install. They should have removed the forward tie-down hooks as @kevman65 mentioned and reinstalled them after the liner was in place. The tie-down bolt mounts through that hole and is assumed to help hold the liner in place.

If you want to fix it yourself, the liner is likely too stiff on that end so you'll need to pop it loose toward the tailgate, pinch it inward, and slide it rearward about a foot to pull them off. I think it's a T-40 bit. Then reinstall your liner and then reinstall the tie-downs.

Otherwise you have every justification to make them redo it correctly if you don't want to or aren't comfortable doing it yourself.

OP
OP
Tator

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Much appreciated.
I will take it back to the dealership and have them do it.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Man get rid of that liner and have a spray in liner. That liner install will only lead to trouble down the road. I had one in an older truck and it was the worst thing ever.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The mopar bed liner is garbage. It holds stains, it is flimsy, and it is poorly anchored. It has no drain capability either. All that just adds up to long term headaches. Not trashing anyone with one, just relating my obsevations and poor experience.

I removed mine in about 30 minutes including removal of the d rings and all related fasteners. Paint matched linex will be its replacement soon as i can find a gap in my work calendar to take it down there.
Sponsored