Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GC
Occupation
Sales
New Member Here -

Just gave back my 2018 Grand Cherokee and hoping to get into a Gladiator.

Without getting into the whole "lease vs buy" debate I prefer leasing as I work from home (no commute) and I enjoy getting into a new vehicle every few years.

I would like to order a 2021 but I am learning that dealers cannot guarantee a monthly payment number until the Jeep has been delivered. Thats fine - I understand this as incentives, residuals, etc can change between order and delivery dates.

Are there any members here who have actually factory ordered a lease that can share their experience? Was the dealer able to give an estimate of what the payment would be? Has anyone walked away from an order because the payment wasn't close to expectations?

I really want to pull the trigger on this, but it feels like a crapshoot and I refuse to agree to anything without knowing numbers..

Thanks
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
There are plenty. Leasing is just another form of financing. Although you can’t get an exact quote until the time of sale, you can get in the ballpark based on what other people are doing. Always compare an identical vehicle, with $0 down.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I ordered mine and am leasing. My salesman is great and bought my last 3 vehicles from him. I wanted to see where the payment would fall based on the options I was looking for in a Sport S as everything g on the lots at that time were fully loaded Rubicons($65k plus). He was able to build one in the system then take the price of it and work up the deal. I ordered it last week of June 2019 and picked it up on Aug 3rd. Payment didn’t change a penny. He did say the Same thing, couldn’t give me a concrete price until delivery, but it ended up the same.

YYCSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave 3.6 Auto
I factory ordered my JL lease. They obviously guaranteed the price, but couldn't guarantee the residual or rate. I wanted a very specific build so factory order was not negotiable. I took the plunge and and when it arrived the following month, the rate was the same, but residual had dropped just slightly. My payment went up $4 bi-weekly so that was ok.
Sponsored