Factory Resetting UConnect 7”

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I have been having issues with my UConnect 7” on Apply CarPlay. I took my JT to the dealership and have been given the run around of it could be my cord and my iPhone. One new cord and iPhone later I am still having the same issues. I plan on taking it back to the dealership on my first oil change but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck resetting their UConnect? I’ve seen some posts on the JL forums and one on here but have not had any luck. I was thinking of going old fashion and removing the negative terminal from my battery and reinstalling to see if it will reset my UConnect.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have been having issues with my UConnect 7” on Apply CarPlay. I took my JT to the dealership and have been given the run around of it could be my cord and my iPhone. One new cord and iPhone later I am still having the same issues. I plan on taking it back to the dealership on my first oil change but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck resetting their UConnect? I’ve seen some posts on the JL forums and one on here but have not had any luck. I was thinking of going old fashion and removing the negative terminal from my battery and reinstalling to see if it will reset my UConnect.
You can reboot it, but that won't reset it. There are two batteries, so it takes a little more effort to accomplish.

There are several threads on the CarPlay issue in the Uconnect section. There is supposed to be a software update this spring to fix it.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
What issues are you having exactly? After driving mine with android auto on for about an hour the screen starts to freeze on me...it's too hard to replicate due to specific circumstances and time constraints so I took a video to show to the dealership (haven't done it yet, not an issue that plagues me daily)

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
What issues are you having exactly? After driving mine with android auto on for about an hour the screen starts to freeze on me...it's too hard to replicate due to specific circumstances and time constraints so I took a video to show to the dealership (haven't done it yet, not an issue that plagues me daily)
I have a similar issue. My screen will randomly freeze for a split second frequently while driving. I notice it the most with Spotify and nav on. It has been getting worse but seems to be a common issue. I’ve been in contact with Jeep Cares and the dealer but have not had any luck. I’m hoping that the update might fix it but was thinking a reset might give me some luck too. Like the normal technical response did you try turning it off and turning to back on.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
My old Charger sometimes won't acknowledge inputs on android auto even though you can click on the option and see it flicker showing it was inputted but nothing comes up.

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
My old Charger sometimes won't acknowledge inputs on android auto even though you can click on the option and see it flicker showing it was inputted but nothing comes up.
Do they do updates on your charger?

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Never bothered to do it. I just use the phone to control the music.

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've been having this issue since I got my JT. The screen will shift, glitch and freeze randomly, sometimes its for a second, and other times its for maybe 30 seconds. Been going back and forth over the last almost YEAR with the dealers. The frustrating part is the dealerships wouldn't acknowledge there was an issue, until finally I had to drive with a technician in the vehicle to see the issue, since they "couldn't recreate it". I finally was able to have the technician take a serious look and couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong. My previous piece of crap dealer replaced the "radio module" and some other part, but the issue is still there. I received word directly from UConnect, saying a software update is due by around the end of the month. Dealership couldn't tell me if it would be over the air or not....but they said they'd let me know when its out and hopefully it fixes the issue. The fact that this issue has gone on for so long, for many people, is complete BS on Jeep's part. And never mind the wobbly/loose steering that the two dealerships now insist is "normal".

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheHime

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I've been having this issue since I got my JT. The screen will shift, glitch and freeze randomly, sometimes its for a second, and other times its for maybe 30 seconds. Been going back and forth over the last almost YEAR with the dealers. The frustrating part is the dealerships wouldn't acknowledge there was an issue, until finally I had to drive with a technician in the vehicle to see the issue, since they "couldn't recreate it". I finally was able to have the technician take a serious look and couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong. My previous piece of crap dealer replaced the "radio module" and some other part, but the issue is still there. I received word directly from UConnect, saying a software update is due by around the end of the month. Dealership couldn't tell me if it would be over the air or not....but they said they'd let me know when its out and hopefully it fixes the issue. The fact that this issue has gone on for so long, for many people, is complete BS on Jeep's part. And never mind the wobbly/loose steering that the two dealerships now insist is "normal".
I definitely agree. When I spoke to UConnect they told me that it wasn’t a common issue. Plus I spent money on a new cord and phone because they told me that could be the issue. I am hoping this update fixes the issue. Is yours a 7” or 8”. I believe only 8” UConnects get the over the air updates.

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I definitely agree. When I spoke to UConnect they told me that it wasn’t a common issue. Plus I spent money on a new cord and phone because they told me that could be the issue. I am hoping this update fixes the issue. Is yours a 7” or 8”. I believe only 8” UConnects get the over the air updates.
AH, I think you're right. I have the 8

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I reset my 7" with a Stinger😁. The 7 was quite a disappointment from the 8 I had in my WK.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The 7 is fine for me. I'm not big on infotainment when I'm driving. I'd rather listen to the engine and exhaust or just enjoy the peace with the window down.
Sponsored