Factory side steps or aftermarket ?

Mfoskett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS6 Avant, Porsche 911, Boxster, SMEG toaster
Hi All - I'm finalizing my build and was wondering what you all think about the factory side steps - i.e. better to go aftermarket or not. I'm not going to be doing much rock crawling but will be getting off road. Also this would be the daily driver.

Thank you,

Matt
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hi All - I'm finalizing my build and was wondering what you all think about the factory side steps - i.e. better to go aftermarket or not. I'm not going to be doing much rock crawling but will be getting off road. Also this would be the daily driver.

Thank you,

Matt
I like my side steps, but you'll be able to pick them up cheaply.

kingern

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 BMW M340i
Occupation
US Navy (Retired), Meta
My Rubicon came with the rock rails. I replaced those with Havoc HS2 steps. Better for the family to get in and out of, and I’m planning on doing off-roading but not rock climbing.

Jeep Gladiator Factory side steps or aftermarket ? 88211597-1181-4813-80B7-6BB56F855AE2

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
If you plan to offroad get after market. Factory are flimsy plastic that will shatter on the first rock. If you don't offroad, the ones off the Overland etc are the best running length ones on stock trucks. I sold mine for $100 you can maybe find them free.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
The main issue I have with most aftermarket ones, is they don't follow the curve of the cab, rather they are straight.

Like JoyRide said, if you aren't going to be doing anything hardcore, the Overland steps are a good option. The stock Rubicon rails are actually pretty stout, and a few tweaks can make them even better... more on that later.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Went aftermarket with a set of NFAB - Predator Pro Nerf steps. Easy to install and they look great.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have factory steps, they have been great, I think they are also stronger than people give them credit for.
Sponsored