Sponsored

Misfitted With JL Side Steps

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Anyone have thoughts on the Rock Slide, rock sliders/side step? It's the only one Ive found made for the JT, so far. Looks pretty good, for the vertically challenged, but expensive.

JT-10.jpg

JT-31.jpg

JT-32.jpg

JT-30.jpg

JT-18.jpg
Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Anyone have thoughts on the Rock Slide, rock sliders/side step? It's the only one Ive found made for the JT, so far. Looks pretty good, for the vertically challenged, but expensive.

My thoughts are that I wish they made it for the JT, rather than adding a piece to the JL version.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Does anyone know what size bolts/nuts for the Rubicon rock rails? I am buying a pair of rails but the seller no longer has the bolts/nuts. I'm just trying to see what I would need to put these on my Sport S.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS

JT-10.jpg

JT-31.jpg

JT-32.jpg

JT-30.jpg

JT-18.jpg
I have not used the Rock Slides but I have had 3 sets of the Amp-Research Power steps on different vehicles. They also offer a combination power step/rocker for the Gladiator. You can find them on their website or on Autoanything.com. In the past they have worked great. I like them because they are out of the way and hard to notice until deployed. The new for the Gladiator is designed to be a rock guard also and is extended to accommodate for higher vehicles. The stepping platform on the Amp Research appears to much more substantial and is the entire length from wheel to wheel.

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
WOW - Maybe they should have made them out of Plywood. You know, killed two birds with one stone. :)

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
I have not used the Rock Slides but I have had 3 sets of the Amp-Research Power steps on different vehicles. They also offer a combination power step/rocker for the Gladiator. You can find them on their website or on Autoanything.com. In the past they have worked great. I like them because they are out of the way and hard to notice until deployed. The new for the Gladiator is designed to be a rock guard also and is extended to accommodate for higher vehicles. The stepping platform on the Amp Research appears to much more substantial and is the entire length from wheel to wheel.
77135-01A_v2.jpg

77135-01A_v1_1.jpg

These are the photos the AMP Research site shows for the 2020 Gladiator, however, these are obviously not photos of a Gladiator. If the running board step does go the full length of the rail these could be good though. I'm not sure I'm down with the blue light but maybe I can change the color.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
When I called Amp they said it was the full length. On my steps in the past the light has been LED white. I bet the light is still white but picture misrepresents. If they did happen to be blue, pretty certain they could be switched or turned off.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

My thoughts were: "Dear God in heaven, that's WAYYYY too much money for step rails." And in a few seconds that thought was followed by, "I wonder how long that automatically deploying step will work before failing and requiring an expensive repair?"

There's no way I'd buy them, especially living in a rainy, snowy area of the country.

Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Cool beans. Thanks for the info. And fyi I just spoke with Mountain Off Road. They told me that they do in fact retract up once you have stepped into your truck, do not stay down while you are rolling down the road. So when you go to get out of your truck you have to feel for where the step is so you can step onto it and lower it so you can then step down and out of your truck. How difficult is that for you? Love to know.
@Jake My wife has the action down pat. It's second nature to her to slide her foot out of the cab and land on the step. Hope this helps.

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Thanks, dude! I’m sold. Just ordered!
@A-Surfs If possible get a buddy to give you a hand during installation. The rail is somewhat difficult to "balance" when you're laying on your back under the truck attempting to align the step onto the studs. There's a point where the second set of hands (pardon the pun) comes in handy. good luck.
Sponsored